What year did these come off of?

Well there are the Budd calipers darn it! I would have gone that route had I known.

Chrysler had a dual piston caliper option on a Slab or Fusie?

I thought only available on Imperial's?

My 68 New Yorker had Budds on it. Sold the car because I couldn't find brakes parts and that was in the 90s.

Sorry for the bad info from the guy you got the spindles and calipers from. If you want to keep it stock looking give Murray Park a call. I just picked up '73 Spindles from him, here is my thread. Pilgrimage to Murray Park

My 68 New Yorker had Budds on it. Sold the car because I couldn't find brakes parts and that was in the 90s.

Ya, years ago you were **** out of luck if you had to repair, find parts, for the old BUDD, BENDIX, Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston, brake systems.
Nothing was available in the aftermarket parts world, to repair, rebuild, these things.
I know, because during this time frame, i was professionally wrenching, to earn my living.
During the past few years manufacturers have come back with repop parts, so the cars that are left out there in the world, that need repairs, it can be done, now a days, but it's expensive. $$$$$$$$

Cardone has reproduced all the 4 piston calipers. Durabrake makes the rotors. Imperials and C bodys use the SAME rotor. The rotor bolts to the hub......the hubs are different C vs Y.

So they are usable, but it's the cost. I think the scarebird kit is my best bet. I'm just going to part them out and put what I get towards the other system.

Cardone has reproduced all the 4 piston calipers. Durabrake makes the rotors. Imperials and C bodys use the SAME rotor. The rotor bolts to the hub......the hubs are different C vs Y.
Is Cardone actually reproducing or remanufacturing? Cardone uses existing cores, they don't make new ones. In hindsight I'm glad I had mine SS sleeved, it was expensive but worth it.

I have the Rotors --N.O.S. --- but pricey indeed......
You probably saw my REQUEST months back for pads -- because for the first time in my life,
I am OUT of the D10 / 732 D10 (F.M.S.I.) Brake Pad for the 1967 - 1968 Budd Design of "C" & Imperial....
(Somebody fromCanada answered my thread saying he had the pads .... He wasn't cheap, though, Icouldn't BUY fromhim.....

Cardone has NOT reproduced the calipers --and if you send some to them to have R & R'ed ----
you run the risk of N E V E R getting them back -- and creating a " 22' albatross".........

I have the Rotors --N.O.S. --- but pricey indeed......
You probably saw my REQUEST months back for pads -- because for the first time in my life,
I am OUT of the D10 / 732 D10 (F.M.S.I.) Brake Pad for the 1967 - 1968 Budd Design of "C" & Imperial....
(Somebody fromCanada answered my thread saying he had the pads .... He wasn't cheap, though, Icouldn't BUY fromhim.....

If you can't find pads for the BUDD's anywhere, you can send your old ones out to be "repadded" relined, whatever you want to call it.

There are numerous companies throught the USA that can perform that service.
Do a GOOGLE search.
When i was still full time wrenching, i used to send old pads down to a company in San Diego, to put new material on them.
As long as you have pads to be used as "cores" you can get them done.

FYI
Come to find out i have 5 sets of pads for the old BUDD disc brake systems.
Even one set is NOS, in the original Chrysler part numbered box.
If they are really expensive $$$$$$$$$$$, how much you guys willing to pay for them?
Open for "bids" then, just like ebay.

Last edited:
Back