Whats it worth?

Bayoulee

Reaction score
Guy heard I was looking for a big block for my fury. He sent me this pic. it has a 440 and open title. He parked it ten ears ago said it had ran at the time, but someone has since taken the 4 barrel carb. Says the glass is all good.

IMG_5867.JPG

"What's it worth?"

I would say by the time you do all that tree trimming to get it out, he's gonna owe you!

Guy heard I was looking for a big block for my fury. He sent me this pic. it has a 440 and open title. He parked it ten ears ago said it had ran at the time, but someone has since taken the 4 barrel carb. Says the glass is all good.

View attachment 141283

After ten years of sitting outside, it is going to be stuck tight. So you need to plan to rebuild it. The engine should be rebuildable to long as the block did not crack from freezing and the head gaskets were sound. If it sat with water in a cylinder from a bad gasket, it is probably going to be junk.

Dave

"What's it worth?" Seriously? $0.00. He'd have to pay someone to haul it away, and without the carb in place that motor is probably junk.
:wtf:

What's scrap worth in your area? That is your answer, considering the amount of work necessary to get that 4,850# car out of there.

After ten years of sitting outside, it is going to be stuck tight. So you need to plan to rebuild it. The engine should be rebuildable to long as the block did not crack from freezing and the head gaskets were sound. If it sat with water in a cylinder from a bad gasket, it is probably going to be junk.

Dave

So far as what it is worth. Transmission, 727 core=$100. Two rear axles @ $50 ea.
2 front brake calipers, core $5 ea. 2 front disc brake spindles @ $50 ea. Misc glass and small parts approx $100. Engine core? (about $450 if good) rest of the car for scrap about $150-$200 so do the math. Might not be able to sell all listed above also deduct cost of tow. I agreed with something like $400-$450.

Dave

So far as what it is worth. Transmission, 727 core=$100. Two rear axles @ $50 ea.
2 front brake calipers, core $5 ea. 2 front disc brake spindles @ $50 ea. Misc glass and small parts approx $100. Engine core? (about $450 if good) rest of the car for scrap about $150-$200 so do the math. Might not be able to sell all listed above also deduct cost of tow. I agreed with something like $400-$450.

Dave
Nice assessment... it's the years of sitting (and the missing carb) that cause me to think there will be less usable stuff once she's pulled apart.

I don't envy the job of "uprooting" this one either...

Do yourself a favor and run. Looks like nothing but trouble. There are plenty of motor homes out there cheap! Usually low mileage too.

I

thats what i figured, i dont need Another project but it would be a cool one if saved.
I don't see that one a rebuild, but might give lots of odd parts to other rebuilds... the quick and easy stuff just isn't where this one would likely shine... If local, offer to drag it away free... if the steering wheel is perfect... toss him a hundred and sell the wheel to someone in need, at least you'll get your gas money back.

Back