What's missing on this '75 T&C?

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
A friend of mine in the UK recently purchased a 1975 Town and Country, and he's wondering what had been mounted here on the firewall. I found some pics on Google, and it looks like it was a relay, but I don't know what it would have been for. I checked my 1978 service manual, and that item had been eliminated by then.

Thanks, Jeff

1975 T&C
20180904_180249.jpg

getPart

Google picture, 1975 NYB
727989_57fc1a26e454_hd.jpg

That certainly looks like it. The connectors would work. The red one only uses two of the three positions, which is how the relay is set up. The car has ATC II, which I believe is inop right now, so maybe the previous owner was trying to get things working before he sold the car.

Thanks, I'll let him know, and I'll have to track one down.

Override for the seatbelt interlock would be my guess.

View attachment 211463

That was one of my original guesses when he called me on the phone about the problem, but I'm pretty sure the seatbelt interlock button was used in 1974 only.

We actually figured it out only five minutes ago. It is the relay that Dobalovr posted, but on C Bodies its called a Field and Loads relay or a Field-Loads relay. It's strictly for the charging system on a C, but appears to have something to do with the A/C on other body styles. It turns out that the charging system isn't working on the car either. Although it sounds unlikely, we think someone stole it during the shipping process. He had all kinds of problems with the shippers and they did a lot of damage to the car while it was here in the US. He's still fighting with the shipper to get reimbursed for the cost of fixing all the damage.

Jeff

Back