What's the funniest mod you've seen in a while???

0SH2pPI_d.jpg
9R3TzBC_d.jpg

Having owned a few Goldwings in my time, I see nothing wrong with this...:rofl:

And no gentlemen, I didn't get into the habit of riding this way as it is unlawful.

Yea I just did a quick search on state motor vehicle codes regarding lighting for a post Stan made on the stooopid pickup truck light bars. You'll be amazed at the lighting regulations for practically all states. I can remember the roll bar lights I use to install on the jacked up pickups back in the 80's, go into a rural area and come across a Game Warden and your guaranteed to get a ticket, something about 'Jacking Deer' IIRC.

All the crying about increasing taxes to keep up with the new sprawl here in Daytona Beach, hell the cops could make a mint writing tickets during Bike Week with all the bikes running around with the flashy colored lights, that's 'Revenue' as they say in the old days of the South! (which these colored flashing lights are illegal to use when the vehicle is in motion in 'jist'bout all lower 48's)

Yea I just did a quick search on state motor vehicle codes regarding lighting for a post Stan made on the stooopid pickup truck light bars. You'll be amazed at the lighting regulations for practically all states. I can remember the roll bar lights I use to install on the jacked up pickups back in the 80's, go into a rural area and come across a Game Warden and your guaranteed to get a ticket, something about 'Jacking Deer' IIRC.

All the crying about increasing taxes to keep up with the new sprawl here in Daytona Beach, hell the cops could make a mint writing tickets during Bike Week with all the bikes running around with the flashy colored lights, that's 'Revenue' as they say in the old days of the South! (which these colored flashing lights are illegal to use when the vehicle is in motion in 'jist'bout all lower 48's)
About 15years ago my son came up with an idea from a lighted spinning top. He said why can’t we do this on wheels? Got my interest so I talked to a very good friend of mine who is an electronics genius. He came up with a remotely controlled light system to install on automotive wheels that would do whatever you wanted. You could write a message and it would display on the wheel or you could create some kind of pattern etc. Basically whatever you wanted. It would light up once the wheel started moving. The hard part is the math needed to keep the message level at different speeds. We tested it and it worked great. Problem was as said above it is illegal. Still think it would be great on emergency vehicles.

About 15years ago my son came up with an idea from a lighted spinning top.

<snip>

Problem was as said above it is illegal. Still think it would be great on emergency vehicles.

aaaYep when I was younger and the brain bulb would light up quickly, I was living in a cold weather snow state I was dreaming up a remote controlled car starter so you wouldn't have to run out in the snow to start and warm your car. No internet back then so had to truck down to the local Library for research, seems there is a Motor Vehicle State Law about "Leaving a vehicle running and unattended" which I took as anywhere even on your own property as the law referred to having someone behind the steering wheel at all times if the engine was running. (very old state regarding MV laws, think Model T slipping into gear).

By then I was old enough (21 legal adult) to fully well know what the word "Litigation" meant.

Spotted this on classic cars.com. Not a lot of pics (a good thing, I guess). I’m not saying its funny. As a matter of fact, its enough to make you cry or piss you off. Maybe if there was a “shittiest mod thread”, instead.
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg

Spotted this on classic cars.com. Not a lot of pics (a good thing, I guess). I’m not saying its funny. As a matter of fact, its enough to make you cry or piss you off. Maybe if there was a “shittiest mod thread”, instead.View attachment 314468 View attachment 314467
My son spotted this outside of Calgary. Something doesn’t look right and I would bet it’s a homemade job. Wonder about frame strength.

859EB320-CC2A-42F1-9465-19AFDCF5BCE4.jpeg

Back