What's wrong with my rearview mirror?

they are very useful actually. If you have an actual passenger side mirror.
You're right, they're extremely useful for the passenger, not so much for the driver. Speaking only of the remote control outside passenger side unit on the early slabs. The manual two post style can be positioned for anyone in the car.

Don't know why some of you find them useless. I have one on my '70 and it's very useful! Every vehicle I've owned has had one or I put one on with the exception of my first car, a '61 VW. I put a matching set on my '70 Challenger, and I found one for my '62 New Yorker. Before I could find an actual passenger side one for that car, I used a driver's side and rotated it upside down. Only a good eye could tell!

Don't know about the rest of you, hut having started driving Bobtail trucks when I was 15, I want to know what's on my right side!

I'd say if yours is useless, perhaps it's not the correct one for your car. Is it?

Last edited:
yup, right one. like I said though, only useless for the driver, works very well for the passenger.

By purpose, passenger side mirrors are for the driver, not the passenger. If yours is useless, I'd say it was a bad design.

There was a guy when I owned my Challenger, who every time he'd climb in my car he'd move my passenger side mirror. The first time he did it I asked why? He said, "I couldn't see anything." I told him it wasn't for him! I finally told him if he touches my mirror again I'd never give him another ride. He finally stopped.

You're right, they're extremely useful for the passenger, not so much for the driver. Speaking only of the remote control outside passenger side unit on the early slabs. The manual two post style can be positioned for anyone in the car.

Mine were extremely useful for me as the driver. I'd try to find out if it's the correct pass side mirror or not.

Wish I had one on my Fury. I do have them both on my '08 300! Remote control to - which is the best way to have them. Why people find them useless is beyond me. They definitely have a use and a purpose!

I have a number of various vintages of cars and always miss the right mirror on those that don't have one. Even backing out of the shop or backing into a Parking spot. I don't think I trust them for lane changes but how else to you back up tight quarters?

Back