Wheel Opinions

275-60-15on the rear with cop steelies all round and 225-60-15 on the front. Get some super stock springs to get the rear up and you would be golden.
BFG Radial T/As all round. And some load helper rear shocks that have the coils around them.

There never was a super stock spring for c bodies. That's strictly b body thing. Almost as grating as hearing the term posi being used.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Back to the original question, I think the 70's C-bodies look bulky already and the big black wheels only make them look fatter. I currently have 14" centerlines on my 65 Newport. The deep dish and aluminum lighten the look. For center-caps I got big chrome bullets cheap on ebay. In most Baby Boomer's minds, our full-size cars trigger thoughts of "gas hog" and "boat", despite the fact they are lighter than most SUV's and the latest minivans. Anything to make them look leaner helps, IMHO.

Bill certainly yourentitled to your "IMHO". I wouldnt be worried about what baby boomers feel about my car as much as the over all driveability of the car and its over all appearance. A c body needs 15's

I'm only speaking for myself, I like these wheel covers and a one inch white wall on formal Ny'ers.

images

There never was a super stock spring for c bodies. That's strictly b body thing. (Sent using Forum Runner)

Actually an A-body spring, the B-body requires an extended front spring hanger to compensate for the shorter length from the hanger to the center bolt. The shorter/stiffer front section helps reduce axle wrap.

Dave, I have a set for my '70 GTX, if you want some pictures.

Bob, I aggree that wheel cover is my definite 15" preference, and C-bodies do need 15s. It is a shame they didn't always have 15s from the mid/late 50s through the 60s. Some of the 14" covers through that period were really cool.

I do like the road wheels on '69 and up C's... Somewhere someone stated that the later road wheels grew to 7", but I have a set from a '78 NY and I'm fairly certain that they are 6" wheels.

.IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Last edited:
I just dont know what a super stock spring is or considered to be.........if you can come up with a photo that would be a topic to kick around.

The "Magnum" wheels look far better on a slab side Chrysler. The road wheels look out of place......just my two pennies

The "Magnum" wheels look far better on a slab side Chrysler. The road wheels look out of place......just my two pennies

I agree, the convertible is a disc brake car and I had nothing else that would clear the calipers. These wheels will likely find a home on my '69 New Yorker.

Just curious if anyone has seen the chrome rim version of the road wheel before. When I was in High School a classmate had a '71 Charger 500 and the front had chrome road wheels.

I will pull my super stock springs out and get some pictures and specs posted soon.

Last edited:
Back