WANTED wheels man, wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 14" steel wheels with tires that are in good shape and even 4 300 spinner wheel covers.
I would have to check if they are 6.5 wide. Only issue is I won't be home for about 3 weeks. If you haven't found anything by then I'll reply again to your want ad.

Those 6.5" wheels are tough to find. I think they only came on wagons, and many '66-'68 wagons were ordered with disc brakes and 15" wheels. You can use the deep dish wheel covers on the correct 6" and 5.5" wheels. If you need the 6.5's for a wider tire, you may have to give Murray Park a call. If anyone has them, he will.

Jeff

Those 6.5" wheels are tough to find. I think they only came on wagons, and many '66-'68 wagons were ordered with disc brakes and 15" wheels. You can use the deep dish wheel covers on the correct 6" and 5.5" wheels. If you need the 6.5's for a wider tire, you may have to give Murray Park a call. If anyone has them, he will.

Jeff
thanks for the insight bigmoparjeff

I have 4 14" steel wheels with tires that are in good shape and even 4 300 spinner wheel covers.
I would have to check if they are 6.5 wide. Only issue is I won't be home for about 3 weeks. If you haven't found anything by then I'll reply again to your want ad.
ill make sure to check back with you soon. I have a Chrysler 300, myself, I just want to be able to put my spinner caps on. they don't have to be 6.5 I reckon. just wider is better to me, so I was going after the widest I can, but im not picky, thanks

You might try to source some Aspen/Volare wheels, those fit disc brakes, and may be configured to fit those spinner wheels as well.

You might try to source some Aspen/Volare wheels, those fit disc brakes, and may be configured to fit those spinner wheels as well.

The Aspen/Volare wheels are designed to use with radial tires and are much heavier than the earlier wheels, which tend to flex when subjected to side forces and will "throw" a wheel cover.

The hard part is finding decent sized 14" w.w. tires.
I'm thinking i'll go with "The Mopar Dude". He makes 15" steel wheels that accept stock 14" covers. 15"x7" wheels should allow better tire options. I want to keep the Monaco as stock looking as possible and i like the spinner covers in the 65s.

Yeah, 215/75-14 is the biggest 14" ww you'll find. At least they're still relatively cheap.

You'll find 15" choices are getting scarcer in the large sizes, and RWL versions of them are approaching the $150 mark, too.
Prob can get a 225-235 WW tire for $100-125 still. Tirebuyer.com is a decent option, I've used them for 2 sets of tires.

I discusses the 14-15" wheel think with Stockton Wheel about 10 years ago, was going to be $150/wheel back then, which was too much for my taste. Whats' the Mopar Dude's cost?

My stock rims are 5.5" wide. Any tire i mount on that rim will look skinny.
I've found rim width can effect the look and width of a tire quite a bit.
The same aspect ratio tire mounted on a 7" wide rim will look wider and provide a better contact patch.
Moneywise "themopardude.com" 15"x7" steelies with modifications to accept my 14" wheelcover run over $200 which is in the ballpark of the same size Magnum 500 once you add all the centercaps & chrome lug nuts. If i add trim rings it puts me over the steel wheels. I can find decent size w.w. radials well under $100 each at Costco and Walmart.

I have the 4 14”rims with 215/70R 14 ww tires. Low miles but a few years old. For most of the time have been inside my shop. They came off a 66 New Yorker. Also have 4 300 spinner wheel covers,not in the best shape. Also my have a working clock. Let me know if you are interested.
We can work a deal.

I have the 4 14”rims with 215/70R 14 ww tires. Low miles but a few years old. For most of the time have been inside my shop. They came off a 66 New Yorker. Also have 4 300 spinner wheel covers,not in the best shape. Also my have a working clock. Let me know if you are interested.
We can work a deal.
yes. I am very interested in the 4 14" wheels, assuming they fit the deep dish spinner caps. if the clock is in working condition, then I say lets work something out. Thank you.

I’ll get back with you later this week or this weekend. I’ll take a picture of the spinner caps that were on these wheels and check out the clock to make sure it still works.

if you haven't found any yet, let me know, I know I have a 4spd volare I'm gong to cut apart, has 14" with dog dish hubcaps, also have a few older 14" from way back, would have to check width tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back