Where and how to buy paint

Did you order the Dupont online or buy it locally? And was the price you paid about like tu $582 per gallon?
My painter ordered it through a parts jobber that supplies his work.
Total bill was around 1500.00

I'm getting closer to being ready to paint. I had been buying my products--filler, primer, etc. at the local auto paint shop and was counting on their knowledge and assistance to help me get what I needed. However, when I went to their store a few days ago it was closed up :( When I look online the nearest paint shop is about 45 mins away which isn't very convenient. So now I feel adrift with no one around to help.

Can anyone suggest an online source/resource for paint? I'm going to need Turbine Bronze. I found an online cross reference of this color here. Would it be as simple as finding a reseller of one of those brands and ordering the code? i.e. if I was to order Sherwin Williams would I just give them the # 2490 and I'm good to go?

I also found some sites like this one "Express Paint", that specifically lists Turbine Bronze and sells the paint in various sizes up to a quart. But their paint seems to be a store brand so I have no idea if I should trust the quality.

Someone please bestow me with your automotive painting wisdom!
Sherwin Williams is good but you can also check out Eastwood.

Cheapest color is white. Anything utilizing red pigment is more, and the by more red the more expensive. Plus all the materials are escalating in cost quickly. It’s just the price of needing a paint job. 20 years ago it was $350 or so for non red. 10 years ago it was $500. 5years ago it was $1100. Materials and methods changed too. The hardener is very pricey these days.

Back