Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

#197 .. going waiting :)

New one. The Blue Oval crowd tryin' to trick us.

This photo is DEFINITELY "shopped" BUT in a vey "particular" way to try to disguise this city backdrop. Notwithstanding that, I do NOT believe this vantage point in this city is possible AT ALL.

So, here's the game. Its an "Expert" level game, chime in whenever and whoever solves it -- if you want to. Or PM me if you wanna confirm your solution.

1. What city is this and what's wrong with the skyline? Ya get a "Dude" ONLY IF you answer this two-part question with a photo.

2. A "Dude Emeritus" distinction -- allowing you to be a dude for life without ever playing again -- if you can PLACE this vantage point in THIS city against the UN-disguised skyline -- without photo shopping the vantage point as I firmly believe these Ford jokers did.​

I believe this view is completely impossible. Once you answer #1. above, I think you will agree. BUT I would LOVE to be proven wrong with your evidence.

Answer posted this weekend if nobody gets it.

Who is the fairest of them all.

I'm better with geography than I am with women.

Alan

Who is the fairest of them all.

I'm better with geography than I am with women.

Alan

That's pretty good. guess ya DID get it 'Mr. Grimm". :) :)

yer gettin' a dude at the end. BUT, did you find vantage point that I allege is NON existent in this city ..even against the "proper" skyline?

That's pretty good. guess ya DID get it 'Mr. Grimm". :) :)

yer gettin' a dude at the end. BUT, did you find vantage point that I allege is NON existent in this city ..even against the "proper" skyline?

Lets just say you could get a picture of a car about where this one is but the forground would be different and ever changing.

Alan

#200. MrMoparCHP had it and is gettin a "Dude." Dude for life with Emeritus status .. see post #204 :)

This skyline is New York City -- again - East River, lower Manhattan. Tallest structure is new WTC building and many others.

So, for the Ford ad photoshopping "skullduggery"

1. The skyline is a "mirror image" of the real thing.
2. There is NO vantage point to get the shot .. unless you are on a BOAT in the middle of the East River between Governor's Island, Brooklyn piers, and Lower Manhattan. Certainly there is no elevated roadway with that view.

Real Skyline
00-1-2-5-1.jpg

Ford's Skyline
00-1-2-7.jpg

Look in the orange box of the real photo of buildings and compare the Ford ad.

Just focusing on the buildings along the along the FDR and you will see the "mirror" effect most pronounced/visible .. but its obviously true for the buildings further inland in Manhattan.

Map of area
00-1-2-5-2.jpg

Orange oval is approximate location of the Ford Ad buildings. I-475 is a tunnel btw -- even I if not, the angles are bad.

See any place between the orange oval and Governor's Island/Brooklyn piers where you could get that pic .. with all the correct angles/elevation?

What about from Brooklyn on 278? You have an elevation/angle problem, guardrail appearance, and you'd have to "shop out" the piers in the East River.

What about from the Brooklyn Bridge .. you'd have to shop out ALL the bridge structure, let alone ALL the angles/elevations are bad.

I dont .. unless you're on a BOAT and took a pic, reversed it, and then you shopped in some road with the car against that "mirrored' skyline.

So .. we go back to post #204. see what kinda "Dude" has been won. :)

Last edited:
Nice looking car!
Unfortunately I will be without a computer for the next week or so, so I will not be able to participate in this one,
Cal

Nice looking car!
Unfortunately I will be without a computer for the next week or so, so I will not be able to participate in this one,
Cal

gotcha cal.. hope you're having fun somewhere then. im taking it down anyway. will run it again laterr in the month.

take care :)

Last edited:
2004 Chrysler ME 412 prototype promo shots. Where is this? City, State, and specific location for this photo shoot.

Three hints.

1. No photo shopping has been done here.
2. We've been to this USA metropolitan area many times in this thread
3. A bit difficult to "fly through" this area with the online Map tools but you can pick up enough of the landmarks to be sure of your answer.

Don Knotts is waiting to give ya a personalized "Dude" recognition. PM me if you think you know but wanna let the game run.

Bon chance :)

00-1-2-5-1.jpg
00-1-2-5-3.jpg
00-1-2-5-4.jpg

Hmm .. no public takers? One person PM'd me and he has it I believe (city and state for sure)

One more photo hint I captured from Google Maps a bit a ago to show the place where the car was shot.

The light posts, buildings in background, brickwork road/walkway pattern, and waterside railings confirm it. There are a couple newer buildings in 13 years as well but the main buildings are still easily recognizable.

I couldnt quite get Mr. Pegman to the exact spot on which the car was parked in the one photo below. Oh, the views in these pics are looking roughly NNEasterly.

Anyway, I will post the answer Wednesday. Good luck.

00-1-2-5-5.jpg
00-1-2-5-1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
#208.

Liberty State Park, Jersey City, New Jersey. We've done about 10 of these games in this Metro Area, more in NY of course.

The buildings in the background (the tallest is the Goldman Sachs HQ) are in the orange square. I believe the car is parked in the orange circle (second, third, and fourthphotos are the "bump out" MrMoparCHP called out), south of the bridge to Ellis Island.

00-1-2-6.jpg
00-1-2-5-3.jpg
00-1-2-5-1.jpg
00-1-2-5-2.jpg

The third pic in #208, looking south easterly, I actually cropped a bit because its was just too easy to recognize. The brick structure showed a little more in the promo pic .. thats the pedestal for the Statue of Liberty as you can more clearly see below.

00-1-2-40.jpg

Google Earth/Map pics distort distant objects because of the curvature of their camera lenses. The pic I put in #209 is a stock Liberty State Park photo I used to help establish where the car was (open space, lights, bricks, curvature of shortline, bridge to Ellis Island, etc.) as the details are more clear.

I cropped it a bit because the Empire State Building (far right, midline) and sloping roof to Citigroup Building (middle, just to right of Goldman Building) are clearly recognizable in the distancein Manhattan.

00-1-2-5-2.jpg

Polara71 had it I believe as did MrMoparCHP, both repeat winners and clearly good at this game. So they are already "Dudes" .. even before Don Knotts caught their attention. :)

00-1-2-11.jpg

00-1-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have NO IDEA where this is. AND, i have had the whole world looking for it for months :)

Yes, I put it here: Not located

00-1-3-000.jpg

That is such a distinctive structure .. surely somebody must recognize it. Even if its gone now.

My guess is California or New York State or Michigan .. whre 90% of these ad photos were shot by Chrysler.

It doesnt look like Michigan (dont recognize the stucture, the distant topography doesnt match much around here, etc) but it could be.

Architecture says "Spanish-influence" California to me .. an old mission maybe given the steeple? that would be my first state to look for it in -- southern CA in particular.

NY State . .. i doubt it but who knows.

Again, I have NO idea where, so I'll just let it marinate here for while and who knows what'll happen :)

While anyone interested is marinating on #215, I found this one a while back from an average citizen proud of his Detonator Yellow rig and where he lives.

Three hints:

1. This is a big city, not the United States tho, in North America.
2. They had an Olympics here once, and its still quite a sportin' town.
3. Good fishin' and skiing in the area.

City, "State", and County, plus a bonus "Dude" recognition from Don Knotts if you know about where this Challenger was parked in the city.

00-1-2-5-2.jpg

While anyone interested is marinating on #215, I found this one a while back from an average citizen proud of his Detonator Yellow rig and where he lives.

Three hints:

1. This is a big city, not the United States tho, in North America.
2. They had an Olympics here once, and its still quite a sportin' town.
3. Good fishin' and skiing in the area.

City, "State", and County, plus a bonus "Dude" recognition from Don Knotts if you know about where this Challenger was parked in the city.

View attachment 148780
I know exactly where that is as first glance. I'll PM you.

Back