While messing around on Bring A Trailer - 1968 Chrysler 8 door Limo

Imperial One

Reaction score
Sold in 2015 for $1,950. I might have been down for that. Totally ghetto. 1968 is my favourite year for Chryslers

No Reserve: 1968 Chrysler 8-Door Limousine

chrysler 2.jpg
chrysler 3.jpg

Would be a good project. Lincoln hubcaps and Cadillac radio knobs replace. The brass Chrysler nameplate is worth noting. Smoke the windows with interior refinements and you have a sweet ride. Rare I bet.

Curious mix of parts! Newport VIN, tail lights, side door trim, yet NY instrument panel "wood", grille, and nameplates.

Curious mix of parts! Newport VIN, tail lights, side door trim, yet NY instrument panel "wood", grille, and nameplates.
I wonder why the middle doors are missing their handles. It's also interesting that a limousine would have manually operated windows.

I see part of a NYer taillight ***'y in the trunk. That, along with the aforementioned mix of NY/Newport trim and other oddities, makes me think that the car started out as an airport limo, and someone attempted to jazz it up.

That being said, I still like it better than the outrageous rental limousines of today.

That would be cool. Load up your buddies and head across the country for Carlisle. Then put the limo in the show.

I wonder why the middle doors are missing their handles. It's also interesting that a limousine would have manually operated windows.

I see part of a NYer taillight ***'y in the trunk. That, along with the aforementioned mix of NY/Newport trim and other oddities, makes me think that the car started out as an airport limo, and someone attempted to jazz it up.

That being said, I still like it better than the outrageous rental limousines of today.

I tend to agree on the later upgrades. That style of seat and fabric were not popular until later. As the 1980s-style Delco radio and enclosure it is in. A change from an airport limo into a "party wagon" would explain the absence of some of the exterior door handles.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Wonder what that thing weights in at. Quite the beast.

It always kills me how these limo conversion shops can do all that work yet can’t hang doors correctly. The door misalignments just exaggerate the paint mismatch.

Hitting the lottery = cornering the market on Limos and Executive Directors.

I've seen an airport limo once at Carlisle in probably '94. It had a "stageman" on it I think. That's going back a ways. I probably have a picture of it somewhere. When I'm off over Christmas I should pull out the boxes of pictures that I have from the old car shows and look at them with the kids. I bet they would love that.

I've seen an airport limo once at Carlisle in probably '94. It had a "stageman" on it I think. That's going back a ways. I probably have a picture of it somewhere. When I'm off over Christmas I should pull out the boxes of pictures that I have from the old car shows and look at them with the kids. I bet they would love that.
Most likely a Armbruster Stageway conversion, they are the nations oldest limo conversion company and the old logo featured a stagecoach which you can see remants of it here in this brochure.

ArmbrusterStageway.com.LOGO.jpg

https://armbrusterstageway.com/wp-c...way-Brochure-Custom-Funeral-Cars-For-Sale.pdf

Last edited:
Back