White leather seat and trim refresh

You could also try Leather Therapy Wash, it's actually a saddle wash, it does not list the ingredients.
The wife uses it on her saddles and used it on our bone color couch and it did the trick.
It comes in 2oz spray bottle, not sure of the price. She used this product because we ran out of the leather conditioner we got at The Brick.
You could probably get the leathertherapy.com product at Barr's Saddlery or GreenHawk.

PT

If you don't believe me, call SEM and query them about what you're doing and what you need. I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing! If anything you will get the true, exact answers you are seeking here!

That's exactly what will happen! Vinyl isn't porous like leather! You spray a solvent base on leather it won't soak into the leather and it will eventually look like ****! It's the difference between a paint and a dye, paint sits on top on the material, dye soaks in and changes the color of the actual material. Good Luck

I must be losing it! For what must be the first time in the little more than 10 years I have been on this site, I actually agree with @stubs300 on something. Amazing! :poke:

I must be losing it! For what must be the first time in the little more than 10 years I have been on this site, I actually agree with @stubs300 on something. Amazing! :poke:

That's mighty white of you to say that! LOL:poke::poke:
I speak from experience as I used to have a franchise that did vinyl & leather repair, and had a Tech teach me the WRONG way to treat leather. It came back to bite me in the *** bigtime!

Last edited:
Had a good day. I removed the horrible white paint from the Imperials interior trim.
Disposable brushes, Acetone, lint free towels (nothing is free) and lots of patients.
Turned out well, the rear plastic panels went really well, no effect on the plastic by the Acetone, removed the paint really well. The front A post trim needs more caution. The paint removed but if you let it sit it will eat into a layer of plastic quickly, you must work in small max 2" areas now letting dry. Scrub with wet brush then wipe immediately. I found it best to wipe into old finish.
The C-pillar panels must be a different plastic(ABS maybe) then the A-pillar plastic. The rear panels came out great, I will do I lil spray of the sun burned ares. The A pillar trim is very yellow after removing the paint.
Same paint I had to remove from front driver seat leather.

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2581.jpeg

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2580.jpeg

Try denatured alcohol. I've used it to remove old paint from interiors.

Or you could soak the plastic pieces in brake fluid. Undiluted Purple Power or Castrol Superclean also works.

Acetone will destroy most plastic.

Try denatured alcohol. I've used it to remove old paint from interiors.

Or you could soak the plastic pieces in brake fluid. Undiluted Purple Power or Castrol Superclean also works.

Acetone will destroy most plastic.
Thanks on the tips. I tried the brake fluid and other items being very careful not to damage any trim parts. It is hard enough getting parts for an Imperial, no need to add more parts to the list. I was very fearful of the Acetone, tested on the back side of trim, worked well and quick. But if not careful it will ruin your plastic trim, like I said earlier the C pillar trim is very different then the A pillar trim. The upper sides and windshield are metal, the Acetone did not upset original factory paint at all.
Good day at Jackson's

All Right. Coming together on the interior front.
Much disassembly, stripping and prep, I think the interior is looking pretty pretty good.

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

Very nicccceee! what did you end up using on the seats to get rid of what looks like nicotine stain?
I see a can of Bubbly in a few photos, you must be listening to Michael Bubble while doing this tedious work.
Nice job man!

So did you completely disassemble the power seat assembly to detail it that well?

Did you end up using the SEM white vinyl spray on the leather it appears - if so I am impressed? Does it look like the SEM will do the job given that you can actually assess it better than we can from just photos? With the vinyl spray does it still feel like leather - soft, smooth and supple?

The motor assembly is original, that is the overall condition of car.
I went with the SEM super white Color Coat. I only sprayed the drivers seat. As I figured I can re strip that seat of the SEM if it fails, and when I find a supplier of the correct colour leather dye.
The feel not much firmer then the unpainted seats, and is flexible.
I only spray the pillow top, shoulder top and head rest. I masked the sides. My hopes were to find a company that had a match to Super white and just order, but I get requests for a swatch of material for matching. With two week turn around for a sample the the shipping of actual product, I decided to give the SEM a shot.

The motor assembly is original, that is the overall condition of car.
I went with the SEM super white Color Coat. I only sprayed the drivers seat. As I figured I can re strip that seat of the SEM if it fails, and when I find a supplier of the correct colour leather dye.
The feel not much firmer then the unpainted seats, and is flexible.
I only spray the pillow top, shoulder top and head rest. I masked the sides. My hopes were to find a company that had a match to Super white and just order, but I get requests for a swatch of material for matching. With two week turn around for a sample the the shipping of actual product, I decided to give the SEM a shot.
Hi Boyd,
How is the SEM color coat holding up?
Thanks, Ben

Still looks great, but being a bit of a museum piece it doesn't get used much.
It will be at Carlisle with a bunch of hours under my butt. We will see how it looks.

Back