Who remembers this add

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I haven't seen this in 3 decades

image.jpg

I remember that ad !!

Didn't Roy Hill get in some serious drug trafficking trouble and spend a couple years locked up?

Hum, never heard that. You may be thinking about Darell Alderman. But I will check with the boys & find out

I think it was the late eighties and it was definitely Roy Hill. He also got banned from IHRA, but I think that was for cheating.

AUTO RACINGDOING TIME.

October 24, 1987 |Irvin Harrell
AUTO RACING DOING TIME.
Roy Lee Hill, a top North Carolina drag racer who admitted to a federal charge of conspiracy to sell cocaine,
was sentenced to three years in prison, an assistant state's attorney said in Baltimore, Ma. U.S. District Court Judge John R. Hargrove
allowed Hill, 41, of Sophia, N.C., to remain free on bond until after Thanksgiving.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1987-10-24/sports/0150420183_1_hargrove-free-on-bond-racer

Didn't know These rims were period correct. They have an unusual rather modern design for its day.
The Red Alert LS6 Chevelle has or had them IIRC.

332737-RE-14.jpg

At least on the rear as it seems.

332737-RE-14.jpg

they look good..l like them because their oem and not everywhere like cragars ect

I can't say I have ever seen one. Let alone a set. And I have walked through my share of swap meets

My friend found the set years ago at a swap meet and grabbed them. I don't think I've seen another one since. I know I have a photo of this car when it was on the road, I'll keep looking.

Aluminum/Steel Composite according to the ad. The Cragers of this construction I once had didn't look as if they inspired my confidence at the Joints.

Back