Who Wants To Come Visit Me This Week

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The weather will be beautiful! :rofl:
20230707_202327.jpg

Yeah, we we're glad to leave mesa yesterday, 112 was plenty! Don't know how you do it, even the nights are too hot for us. 75 degrees suits us much better, Enjoy!

It's been hot here too. Not quite that hot... But we also have the humidity that makes it really miserable.

It's been hot here too. Not quite that hot... But we also have the humidity that makes it really miserable.
Yeah I lived my first 23 years in NY and as bad as this heat seems I'd take it over NY weather all year round. Yes we have extreme heat but no snow, low humidity and no mosquito's! 9 months of the year it's very comfortable.

Nope, I don't miss that crap at all! I'll take low 90's with humidity any day of the week. People around here don't understand what Arizona "dry heat" is. I tell them to turn on a blow dryer and point it at their face.

Screenshot_20230708_232546_MyRadar.jpg

Its HOT in the desert. I have been to Phoenix, Vegas, Death Valley, etc. .. even Saudi Arabia and that whole region. Sorry, just too darn hot for me.

but, add humidity.. like the Gulf Coasts, Miami, Washington DC, heck, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo in the summer, Thailand, Jakarta, Manaus (Brazil, middle of the Amazon, anytime of year). You don't often get the extreme, three-digit F temps like the desert, but me, "air I can wear" is more than I can take.

Other folks love it/doesn't bother them physically.. I felt even when I was YOUNGER that that kinda weather would figuratively "kill' me. Step outta the AC, and I burst into a sweat, let alone have to work or play outside in it.

I grew up in the lime green (Kansas), spent most of my adult life in the blue (snow belt, Michigan and NY) around the Great Lakes.

I will likely "retire" in a region like where I put the purple arrow on right (the yellow and orange regions, BUT without the humidity) where average annual temps are between 55 - 65 degrees, relative humidity UNDER 50%).

source: 3C: Maps that Describe Climate

thumbnail (1).jpg

Long story short, EXCEPT for the extreme heat,, Arizona-type weather year-round is great. Then, in southerly parts its occasionally like Post #1 .. too much for me.

Gimme post #7 (most of the "left coast" in California) and I am a happy old man with a hat.

:)

Last edited:
I hate the heat here less and less but hate the insane growth here more and more. I guess a man can only hate so much! :lol:

hopefully, IF there is a "silver lining", IF it ever becomes time to go someplace else, that growth brought some meaningful property value appreciation that takes some of the sting out of it.

:thumbsup:

hopefully, IF there is a "silver lining", IF it ever becomes time to go someplace else, that growth brought some meaningful property value appreciation that takes some of the sting out of it.

:thumbsup:
That is true Ray. Our house is worth 6 times what we paid for it 33 years ago. Really not sure where we would go if we left here. Yeah I hate the growth and heat but anywhere you go there will be issues. I'm certainly not unhappy here so while I have to vent occasionally I have it pretty damn good.

Back