Wyatt Made Me Do It!

Finally got the car in storage. It was stuck in my driveway, spinning on the ice it was parked on. This early winter snow sucks, all the streets are like ice rinks! Then the key broke off when I went to open the door, so I got to replace the door knob in the dark, feeling like a crook. At least I was breaking into my own stash.

Plenty of room for the Scatpack, still need to take it to the local car wash this weekend and blast the salt spray off. This car is going to be fun, can't wait to take it out for a real shakedown and get to know it better.

PXL_20230112_013720372.jpg

I've only put 200 miles on the car so far, but it's been fun, and comfortable. Getting a feel for the car, can't wait for better weather so I can put some miles on it.

PXL_20230220_225554203~2.jpg

Very sharp car Scott! I don't know how you guys do it, pitting your rides away for months due to weather. I would be having the shakes and hallucinations worse than any heroin addict going through withdrawals. :poke:

Very sharp car Scott! I don't know how you guys do it, pitting your rides away for months due to weather. I would be having the shakes and hallucinations worse than any heroin addict going through withdrawals. :poke:
It's the only way I've known since buying my Dart some 24+ years ago. I'm glad I've been able to take the Charger out a couple of times, just need to wait to work on the rest of them.

I put another 200 miles on the last two days, most of them today. Mileage is going up, with spirited blasts every so often. Passing people is fun! :lol:

Parked like an ******* at the mall, that place seems kinda dead.

PXL_20230321_001650940.jpg

Got some signs for cheap.

PXL_20230321_022201021.jpg

All washed up ready to go back into hibernation.

PXL_20230321_014031679.jpg

Last edited:
a car capable of "spirited" performance must occasionally do so.

it's good for the "machine" & good for the "man".

:)

I’ve been on the fence with this, but do you think the 4 door has more advantages over the Challenger’s 2 doors? Other than the obvious cabin space, although I think they are on the same platform, any benefit in handling?

I’ve been on the fence with this, but do you think the 4 door has more advantages over the Challenger’s 2 doors? Other than the obvious cabin space, although I think they are on the same platform, any benefit in handling?
I actually like the looks of the 4 door Charger a little better. That being said given the choice I'd go with the Challenger due to the 6 speed manual being available. :steering:

I actually like the looks of the 4 door Charger a little better. That being said given the choice I'd go with the Challenger due to the 6 speed manual being available. :steering:
I do like the looks of the Challenger better, but not bothered by the 4 door either. Unfortunately for me, manual transmissions are a thing of the past, lol. The 4 door has the advantage of carrying passengers, but then again all the kids have their own cars.

I don't have any personal experience, but at least two of the drivers that do the thrill rides at Carlisle have told be that the Charger handles better with it's slightly longer wheelbase.

I like the looks of the Charger over the Challenger. If I won the lottery, I'd buy a Challenger with a Six Speed cause that's the only way you can get one. Definitely more leg room in the Charger, it's like a Porsche in the Challenger for rear passengers.

I had a passenger for the first time yesterday, still don't know if anyone will ever be in the rear seats during my time, just don't need to haul people around.

It handles very well, I'm still playing around with the settings, trying to get it where I like it. I wish I had a tire sponsor, I'd love to drive it sideways all over the place. As @1978 NYB said, if you're stupid, you can get yourself into trouble in a hurry.

I think the word you are looking for is inattentive.
No, I mean stupid. How many of these cars are getting chewed up by idiot drivers, all by themselves, is amazing. I'd use inattentive if they were screwing around in traffic. Sadly, there plenty of both...

I like the looks of the Charger over the Challenger. If I won the lottery, I'd buy a Challenger with a Six Speed cause that's the only way you can get one. Definitely more leg room in the Charger, it's like a Porsche in the Challenger for rear passengers.

I had a passenger for the first time yesterday, still don't know if anyone will ever be in the rear seats during my time, just don't need to haul people around.

It handles very well, I'm still playing around with the settings, trying to get it where I like it. I wish I had a tire sponsor, I'd love to drive it sideways all over the place. As @1978 NYB said, if you're stupid, you can get yourself into trouble in a hurry.
Thanks, I really need to get to a dealer and do a test drive, but its like going to just "look" at the puppies, I usually come home with one.
:lol:

Thanks, I really need to get to a dealer and do a test drive, but its like going to just "look" at the puppies, I usually come home with one.
:lol:
I didn't even test drive mine, I knew I was going home with it.

And yeah, better get that test drive scheduled. And look around, you can find better deals all over the place. Driving a little further can save you some money.

I’ve driven hundreds of miles in both, but have not bought either even though I love their looks and V8 powertrains. The main issue for me with the Challenger is the huge blind spots. the Charger is much better in that respect. With either, I’d get the package that monitors blind spots and helps with reversing.

No, I mean stupid. How many of these cars are getting chewed up by idiot drivers, all by themselves, is amazing. I'd use inattentive if they were screwing around in traffic. Sadly, there plenty of both...

Yup. You certainly don't want your car to end up in a youtube "fails" compilation, or being sold as a "pallet" like the carcasses that Bob used to post often....

Yup. You certainly don't want your car to end up in a youtube "fails" compilation, or being sold as a "pallet" like the carcasses that Bob used to post often....
I went through Bob's metric threads after I got my car, and forgot how many of those pallets and complete cars he posted. Those were the expensive guys too. Wyatt has seen some good deals in the last couple of months, I haven't looked at all, so far, one 392 is enough for me.

It seems like Dodge is relegating the most recent versions of these Hellcats that many are buying now to the "sissy" models. Here is the new version with a parachute and much more...............................including 1025 hp.

dg023-138cl-64174ffb91fa0.jpg

2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170 Ends Dodge's Era of Excess with 1025-HP V-8

For those that really want to play with the Tesla Model S Plaids....................................................at about the same price too. Better hurry up before this limited production model is no longer available and make sure you have an E85 gas station nearby.

Stellantis must have some extra cash to play with...............................

I’ve driven hundreds of miles in both, but have not bought either even though I love their looks and V8 powertrains. The main issue for me with the Challenger is the huge blind spots. the Charger is much better in that respect. With either, I’d get the package that monitors blind spots and helps with reversing.
I've heard that the Challenger has worse blind spots, the Charger isn't that bad, much better than the smaller Avenger I have.

The Plus package has blind spot and cross path detection. I believe the back up camera is standard on all Scat Pack vehicles.

Last edited:
Back