Willis Pearson would be proud!

1Fury1

Slab Side Slacker
Reaction score
Today's program is brought to you by the number 6.

In 6-66 Willis Pearson picked up his new Fury I in Foxboro, Wisconsin. This afternoon while cruising with my lovely wife, the odometer on Willis' car turned over 66666.6 miles.

Right here on this board is where the inspiration, advice, and a boat load of knowledge came from while restoring this car starting in 2012. We hit the pavement in 2015 at 58xxx miles, and now here we are 7 years and 8,000 miles later.

And, as fate would have it, this year I myself turn 66.

IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg
IMG_3071.jpg

G'Day,
I have never Been a HUGE Fan of the 66's ( What the Heck it's a MOPAR, I LIKE It.)
However After Seeing the Pics I Can Only Say, Now I Start to Understand the Expression " Less is More"
Not Sure Elegant is Exactly the Word, But I Have Fallen in Love with the Understatement the Car Presents.
I Will be a VERY Happy Fella if Mine Eventually Looks That Good.
Congrats, Tony.M

GREAT story and history of that car! Congrats on your progress for keeping it alive and well, too!

Back in the later 1980s, I had a friend who had bought a new '77 Z/28. Black on black, 4-speed car, no a/c (in TX!), and an AM radio. About as "base" of a car that it could be. He loved that car and drove it everywhere for years. He did maintainance on it and replaced what needed replacing, over the years, but it was still a base Z/28. I had my '77 LT and Glen had had a '78 Z/28, so we understood the cars and such.

When Gary decided he wanted to sell the car, we thought "Good luck" getting his asking price. He put an ad in the newspaper and he got some calls. A few of the guys that came to look at it were amazed that it was still as original as it was, other than some engine stuff, and THEN they started to make credible offers on the car AND he sold it quickly!

THEN I realized that as much as we might have dismissed that car, with its low option content, as not being as desirable as an "optioned" Z/28 with factory a/c and such, it was probably ONE of the few such cars in existence in this part of the world. It was still true to its origins as a "bare bones" performance car from the factory. As hard as it might have been to own and drive a black car in our TX climate, much less one with no optional a/c in it. Then I understood why guys brought money and bought the car quickly!

I've always appreciated owners of "base" cars who restored them and kept them alive, when "the market" was oriented toward the higher trim level cars with options and optional engines. The "joys of the machinery" are still there in all of their glory, no matter the trim level and such! Without any of the long-term possibilities of needing to work on what were high-level options of the time, like power windows and seats or hard-to-find ornamentation.

I commend you for our accomplishments with this car and wish you many more miles of motoring in that car!

CBODY67

I've always appreciated owners of "base" cars who restored them and kept them alive, when "the market" was oriented toward the higher trim level cars with options and optional engines. The "joys of the machinery" are still there in all of their glory, no matter the trim level and such! Without any of the long-term possibilities of needing to work on what were high-level options of the time, like power windows and seats or hard-to-find ornamentation.

Well said. Though my navigator would have preferred something with a radio.

Today's program is brought to you by the number 6.

In 6-66 Willis Pearson picked up his new Fury I in Foxboro, Wisconsin. This afternoon while cruising with my lovely wife, the odometer on Willis' car turned over 66666.6 miles.

Right here on this board is where the inspiration, advice, and a boat load of knowledge came from while restoring this car starting in 2012. We hit the pavement in 2015 at 58xxx miles, and now here we are 7 years and 8,000 miles later.

And, as fate would have it, this year I myself turn 66.

View attachment 556082View attachment 556083View attachment 556084View attachment 556085
Really fantastic car! Nice resto work.
I guess you are not Willis Pearson. Brilliant deduction, right?
Did you get to send him pics of his car restored?

I tucked an AM/FM radio in the glove compartment, with a pair of 6x9's in the rear package shelf. Works well for me. Just an idea FWIW. A happy navigator is a wonderful companion on a road trip! Lindsay

Unfortunately no I bought the car from the second owner. I tried to google his name after the car was finished but came up empty.

I tucked an AM/FM radio in the glove compartment, with a pair of 6x9's in the rear package shelf. Works well for me. Just an idea FWIW. A happy navigator is a wonderful companion on a road trip! Lindsay
I actually did install the 6x9's and a hidden player in the trunk with a remote control but I don't find it works all that well. Nowadays a smartphone and bluetooth speaker is all you need.

Thanks for the compliment. I bought the car from the second owner but did try to look Mr Pearson up through google a few years back but came up empty.

Back