NOT MINE Win a 1964 Dodge Custom 880 convertible

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Win a 1964 Dodge Custom 880 once owned by the Dodge family - WDET 101.9 FM

Tickets are $101.90 each. Located in Detroit. Bought new by Horace Dodge, Jr, then the owner of the Buffalo Bills bought it from Horace Jr. a few years later. Cool history, I believe!

Might have to take a chance on this one.

1693944295703.png

1693944807400.png

1693944855149.png

Last edited:
I’m surprised it took so long for that to be posted here. I’ve been tempted to buy a ticket too but I just don’t need another car.:lol:
This NPR station has enough good music programs to make it a worthwhile place to make that kind of donation.

So this was a Dodge Custom 880. It wasn't a Monaco, nor Polara. Where exactly did this fit into the Dodge lineup? What is this model's lineage?

Car needs work, front of rear wheel well driver's side, just wondering do they say how many tickets are being sold?

So this was a Dodge Custom 880. It wasn't a Monaco, nor Polara. Where exactly did this fit into the Dodge lineup? What is this model's lineage?
It was a precursor to the Monaco. A full size (aka C-body) Dodge. It was developed for the 1962 model year in short order. Costing only $400k (about 4 milion today) to develop. Considering GM used something like 100 engineers for their new tailgate, that's an astoundingly low cost. They look pretty polished by 1964. Although I'm biased, I own a long roof version of this car.

It was a precursor to the Monaco. A full size (aka C-body) Dodge. It was developed for the 1962 model year in short order. Costing only $400k (about 4 milion today) to develop. Considering GM used something like 100 engineers for their new tailgate, that's an astoundingly low cost. They look pretty polished by 1964. Although I'm biased, I own a long roof version of this car.
Me to, purchased from the original owner 20 + year ago.
DSC02213.jpg

The car is essentially a Chrysler Newport with Dodge front sheet metal. One of many things I like about the '63-'64 880 series.

@detmatt Hey Matt, when I win this beast, I'll stop by!

The car is essentially a Chrysler Newport with Dodge front sheet metal. One of many things I like about the '63-'64 880 series.

@detmatt Hey Matt, when I win this beast, I'll stop by!
You better!

Ordered my ticket today, the guy who called seemed like a nice guy, was surprised someone from PA heard about it

My ticket number is #1286 and the official rules state:

"ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. All eligible entries shall have an equal chance to win the prize."

They're going to sell as many tickets as they can, they'd be crazy not to. The car probably won't draw a lot of interest though because most people won't even know what a Dodge 880 is, LOL

I hope whoever ends up with the car, doesn't go straight to Mecum or B-J to make the flip of the year, or see it make the auction circuit for the next two years.

OK, kids, so did anyone on the forum win this beauty? I know it wasn't me (sad face)...anyone fessing up?

Back