Windlace place help??

65fury

Reaction score
Trying to put my windlace on my 1965 SF. Mine is missing on my car and will buy new, but not sure where it goes and how much I need. Can someone please send pictures? And maybe some info about where they got it and how much I need to purchase?

Quirey Quality Design. What you need in length depends on the car. 2 door, 4 door, rag top all different. They have a nice selection of colors and styles. My convertible used a grand total of 50 inches as only the door jams on the two doors need wind lace. There are a number of suppliers out there, I checked with a few, some have minimum orders of 22 feet. Quirey had no minimum and a quality product in my view. They are a member here.

Quirey Quality Design. What you need in length depends on the car. 2 door, 4 door, rag top all different. They have a nice selection of colors and styles. My convertible used a grand total of 50 inches as only the door jams on the two doors need wind lace. There are a number of suppliers out there, I checked with a few, some have minimum orders of 22 feet. Quirey had no minimum and a quality product in my view. They are a member here
I guess I should have stated it’s a two door hard top. Can you send a picture of yours?

I am probably the wrong person to ask on this one because I have no idea what the windlace locations are on a two door. Do they start on the bottom of the door post and go all the way up to the roofline and across the windows? I know the windlace on mine starts under the floor sill plate and goes only up as high as the door locks. Put the word windlace into the search box on the top right, you will get a bunch of information.

The windlace has a special flat area (called a LEG), which is tucked into the leading edge of the door opening (by the rear panel), and is held in place UNDER the interior panel by special clips with teeth in them. Quirey Quality Design (the owner of which is a member here @QQE) has the correct stuff for your Sport Fury. Way cheaper than you would find on eBay... such as where I found this picture:
s-l1600.jpg

The flat part is what the toothed clips bite into. The round part is what you see outside of the interior panel.

You can see the windlace in these pictures here - not very good, but all I could find on the net...

12584101_417908400637353_Orig.jpg

12584101_41790833027022_Orig.jpg

To install the windlace, you must remove the back seat, then the side panel, and the sill plate, and then install the windlace along the door opening using the pinch clips. Hopefully yours are still there! You expand the pinch clips by opening them up with pliers, positioning them over the leg of the windlace, pinching them closed. Leave them installed in the body structure as you do this to permit the right spacing on the windlace. The top few inches of the windlace tucks in under the top of the interior panel, and the bottom few inches tucks in under the sill plate - it is obvious where...

You only need about 8 feet at the very most. It is colour keyed to your interior, so black panels get black windlace. Yours should be a nylon type woven fabric very similar to the first picture above.

I hope this helps.

This pic ('67 Monaco) might help:

windlace.jpg

I think that would take 2ft of length per side, so 5 ft total would do it?

The windlace has a special flat area (called a LEG), which is tucked into the leading edge of the door opening (by the rear panel), and is held in place UNDER the interior panel by special clips with teeth in them. Quirey Quality Design (the owner of which is a member here @QQE) has the correct stuff for your Sport Fury. Way cheaper than you would find on eBay... such as where I found this picture:
View attachment 581826
The flat part is what the toothed clips bite into. The round part is what you see outside of the interior panel.

You can see the windlace in these pictures here - not very good, but all I could find on the net...

View attachment 581824

View attachment 581825

To install the windlace, you must remove the back seat, then the side panel, and the sill plate, and then install the windlace along the door opening using the pinch clips. Hopefully yours are still there! You expand the pinch clips by opening them up with pliers, positioning them over the leg of the windlace, pinching them closed. Leave them installed in the body structure as you do this to permit the right spacing on the windlace. The top few inches of the windlace tucks in under the top of the interior panel, and the bottom few inches tucks in under the sill plate - it is obvious where...

You only need about 8 feet at the very most. It is colour keyed to your interior, so black panels get black windlace. Yours should be a nylon type woven fabric very similar to the first picture above.

I hope this helps.
Helps a lot! Thank you

Quirey is a great vendor. However, if they are unable to help, then Restoration Specialties in Windber Pa will have it. They also send samples.

Remeber - you need woven windlace with either a wire or cardboard leg.

Good Afternoon
SMS will send you samples. If you are looking for O.E. material, they are good. (Probably not the cheapest).
Omni

Back