Distributor drive 360cui

Fango

Reaction score
Greetings,
I recently installed the Distributor on my 1978 Cordoba but it spins freely by hand.
I guess it should connect with some drive gear of some sort down in the Bloch with the Shaft but i think it does not.
I not sure if the Distributor i got is the right one i just found it in the Trunk of the Car. (Pictures of it will follow)
Maybe a Bushing where the Shaft engages is missing i dont know.
How can i tell if its the right distributor?
Has anybode got pictures of the drive gear and Bushings in the Engine?

There are 3 v8 distributor lengths. Small block, B block (361,383,400) and RB (413,426,440) Basically. What engine are you running? Make sure the distributor is the correct one and make sure the drive gear is in place. Shine a flashlight down the distributor hole and you should see a gear with a slot in the middle. The small blocks use one kind and the big blocks use another.

mancini-racing-oil-pump-driveshaft-71.png

There are 3 v8 distributor lengths. Small block, B block (361,383,400) and RB (413,426,440) Basically. What engine are you running? Make sure the distributor is the correct one and make sure the drive gear is in place. Shine a flashlight down the distributor hole and you should see a gear with a slot in the middle. The small blocks use one kind and the big blocks use another.

View attachment 595095
The drive gear is missing. Im running the 360cui. I guess also the bushing is missing.
IMG_20230505_101601.jpg

It looks to me like the bushing is missing too.

Oh really? I was looking for a brass bushing like this one.

View attachment 595404
It looks to me like the bushing is missing too.
I don't like the looks of it but it looks to me like there is a bushing in there. Get a drive gear and put it in and see. As dirty as it is down there it looks like has been run a long time. Just remember, a newbushing needs reamed to size. It takes a special installer/burnishing tool.

I don't like the looks of it but it looks to me like there is a bushing in there. Get a drive gear and put it in and see. As dirty as it is down there it looks like has been run a long time. Just remember, a newbushing needs reamed to size. It takes a special installer/burnishing tool.
I dunno... It's hard to tell. I blew up the pic pretty big and I'm not sure.

I have to say it would be very funny if the bushing was missing. I've seen them really scored up and worn, but unless it was pulled out deliberately, I can't see how it would just be gone.

Then again, why is the drive gear missing?

I dunno... It's hard to tell. I blew up the pic pretty big and I'm not sure.

I have to say it would be very funny if the bushing was missing. I've seen them really scored up and worn, but unless it was pulled out deliberately, I can't see how it would just be gone.

Then again, why is the drive gear missing?

Screenshot_20230506_190939_Chrome.jpg

Back