Windlace supplier wanted.

Camshaft

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone having any success finding the grey/black windlace for 66 - 67 Chrysler? Have not been able to find the one I am looking for in shorter lengths. In my convertible, I only need 5 feet or so to get the job done, but the supplier is asking for 21 feet minimum purchase! WTF. Perhaps they should realize that convertibles, two doors, and 4 door sedans need different lengths. Any hints appreciated. I know SMS and Restoration Specialties, and Automotive Interiors, any others? Cam Shaft

I have a box that is stamped "900 Forest Green" and also has this written on it:

Warshawsky & Co.
2233 South Throop
Chicago IL 60680

I'm fairly sure that was also known as JC Whitney.

And for anyone else reading this, in the box is a good 10, 15 feet of the stuff. I'm not sure if I actually used it on my car or if I bought it just in case. It would have been bought circa 1985 - 1988. If anyone needs some of this, let me know.

Restoration Specialties and Supply, Windber Pa. They will send samples. You want the one with what's called the CARDBOARD LEG. That's to permit the clips to have something to bite onto.

Call them for free samples.

EDIT - oops, I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. I see you already know about Restoration Specialties...

Regardless, in my opinion, they're the go to.

Re: Windlace. Found a supplier for this windlace. Anyone have any dealings with ClassicAutoTrim out of Nevada? Looks like they have the right product by the foot, but there were some rather uncomplimentary reviews online for some of their products. Any information is helpful. C Shaft

I bought windlace for my ‘64 from QQD and although I haven’t installed it yet it does look like a quality product.

You can also try Quirey Quality Design, who took over Gary Goers' business.

I bought windlace for my ‘64 from QQD and although I haven’t installed it yet it does look like a quality product.
QQD and Restoration Specialties are related (I think through family) and I'll bet it's the same product. Nothing wrong with that...

Most likely, when all is said and done, there's only one or two places actually making the wind lacing and it's all just a matter of choosing a supplier.

Always, always get samples ahead of purchase with any supplier.

here‘s what I ordered from QQD.
1671376086746.jpeg

QQD and Restoration Specialties are related (I think through family) and I'll bet it's the same product. Nothing wrong with that...

Most likely, when all is said and done, there's only one or two places actually making the wind lacing and it's all just a matter of choosing a supplier.

Always, always get samples ahead of purchase with any supplier.
I believe you are correct. I think the same family owns three businesses, the two mentioned and one other.

The short pieces - are they for the rear window glass? For the vertical edge that makes contact with the front door glass?
No, everything that’s black is the weatherstripping for the convertible top.

Back