Side window vertical leading edge weather strips for 4-door hardtop Fuselages

Joerg

Reaction score
As my vertical side window weather strips - between front and rear door glass - are torn somewhat, I would like to find "new" ones for better sealing.
Couldn´t find anything for my 73 Imperial yet.
Steele Rubber doesn´t offer that for Mopar C-bodies and I didn´t find them mentioned for 71-73 models by searching on FCBO - has anybody a lead or maybe some thought, which weather stripping from another car can be used?
Many thanks in advance!

I suspect that almost all of those weatherstrips are more universal in their style and design than might be suspected. Which means that something from GM might work, too. Just match the main vertical length area. The small screw at the bottom is mostly there for show as the weatherstrips fit very snugly into the chrome channel. Even if you might find something longer, it can be trimmed at the top, I suspect. There is a metal reinforcement inside of the rubber, on the "chrome side" of the item, too.

JUST some speculation,
CBODY67

It was the same "quarter window seal" for all '69 to '73 4 door hardtops. The same profile was used on seventies A-bodies and B-bodies, too, and quite possibly also on '65- to '68 C-bodies and B-bodies.
The best alternative to OEM set is the Metro Seal VS7-AFL. It lacks the metal insert at the bottom end, but otherwise it's the same profile. I found this by trial-and-error method when I searched for new seals for my '70 4-door. I bought 5 different sets. VS7-AFL met my criteria:

Quarter Glass Seals 1962-67 B Body 2 dr. H.T. Convertible and 1967-72 A Body 2dr. HT VS7/AFL – Just Mopar

It was the same "quarter window seal" for all '69 to '73 4 door hardtops. The same profile was used on seventies A-bodies and B-bodies, too, and quite possibly also on '65- to '68 C-bodies and B-bodies.
The best alternative to OEM set is the Metro Seal VS7-AFL. It lacks the metal insert at the bottom end, but otherwise it's the same profile. I found this by trial-and-error method when I searched for new seals for my '70 4-door. I bought 5 different sets. VS7-AFL met my criteria:

Quarter Glass Seals 1962-67 B Body 2 dr. H.T. Convertible and 1967-72 A Body 2dr. HT VS7/AFL – Just Mopar
Thank you. @david hill and I will be ordering some for one of my cars.

Thanks a lot!
Ordered the seals and plan to apply them before April 2024...

IMG20231007160355.jpg

Best regards, Joerg

Back