Windshield Wiper - Chrysler 300, 1966

thpa

Reaction score
The reserve function of my windshield wiper is no longer working.
When I turn off the wiper, it just stays in place where it is.

Where is the best place to start or look for the problem?
Is it a common problem?

Thx in advance.

I believe the gears are plastic in the wiper motor. Probably broke or stripped a gear so it will no longer park. Not common but not unheard of either.

Ok ... so i will try to disassemble the stuff to look if there is anything broken (as long as i can get there)

I have been able to repair a wiper motor from a truck I used to have. I found a broken gear that had a part number on it and was lucky enough to locate a new gear on Ebay. Not likely but worth a try. If you find you can't fix it, I have a wiper motor and arms I removed from a 1966 Newport years ago. Shipping would be the deal breaker though. Good luck with the repair.

If the wipers work normally, just don't park, I suspect there is a "Park Switch" in the motor that initiates the "Park" function?

There were two wiper motors and matching interior switches. One for the "multi-speed" wipers and one for the "variable speed" wipers. Probably need to determine which one you have?

On the "multi-speed" wipers, the interior switch has detents for each speed. On the "variable speed", once you pass the first detent to turn the wipers on, it's a smoooth turn of the switch between "slow" and "fast".

CBODY67

Yes there is a parking pawl and also different clocking locations. The fsm should have the info. For sure the prestolight service manual has them by the prestolight number.

Back