Winter Plans For Your C Body

Big Red will get 4 stock rims/wheel covers and 4 new whitewall tires...so bye bye baby moons and Hoosier tires...oh, and a new red sibling to share the garage.

I hope you're joking? right?

I'm afraid not but right now I am just trying to come to terms with the idea of parting with the car; and more work needs to be done on this.

It will be a hard adjustment since I've never been C-bodiless; but it will increase my freedom and reduce my expenses, particularly storage.

Due to merger/reorganization, the writing is on the wall for losing my job within a year; a very undesirable situation at my age. When I'm a bum in the park near the 79th Street Boat Basin, I hope some will throw me chicken bones....., as I grunt and scratch.

In the meantime, I could use some help in the form of strong arguments in favor of letting go of the car. Thanks

I feel for you. I was layed off at 55. Thought I was set to retire from that company. Downside of a global fortune 500 co. is when they don’t like the tax rate or health ins. laws they can close-down here and move work overseas. A statement a co-worker made during our last day “nooner” always stuck with me. He said most all the guys layed off previously ended up doing better within a year. And that held true. I’ll never be a boss again but i have been able to keep busy. What has happened in my field is no younger engineers are entering the business and guys our age are in demand. Guys have retired only to contract back in after a long summer vacation!
Hopefully things go well and we’ll see back in the “C” body market.

DSCF1006.JPG

upload_2017-12-12_19-19-22.png

187134 2004 019.jpg

upload_2017-12-12_19-20-33.jpeg
193510 2015 5-24 (7).JPG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUP-1_fPo5ZrdAiygfOpHouUAyFZWs3qRcf4SQ7jklPbBf2Ifg.png

Just replaced all 5 bias ply tires with Copper Trendsetter 1" white wall radials. Just ordered a new trunk mat from Legendary, my old one is there but all cracked, so will give the trunk floor a good cleaning. My AM/FM seek and search radio is inop, so I have to decide on a rebuild or replacement. Heater core is bypassed, it started leaking, so want to replace that and get the A/C working. Get the passenger side window track reattached to the glass, just ordered the rivets from R/T specialties. There's more, but winter isn't that long.

Let's see...
Replace front subframe,
hang new front fenders,
replace the bench seat column shift interior with the bucket seat console GT interior I just picked up
Replace trunk pan
Get bumpers rechromed
Build and install the 440 sitting on my shop floor.
Or maybe I'll drive it a little longer cuz once I start it's gonna take a little more than a winter, lol

I'm afraid not but right now I am just trying to come to terms with the idea of parting with the car; and more work needs to be done on this.

It will be a hard adjustment since I've never been C-bodiless; but it will increase my freedom and reduce my expenses, particularly storage.

Due to merger/reorganization, the writing is on the wall for losing my job within a year; a very undesirable situation at my age. When I'm a bum in the park near the 79th Street Boat Basin, I hope some will throw me chicken bones....., as I grunt and scratch.

In the meantime, I could use some help in the form of strong arguments in favor of letting go of the car. Thanks
I hope you are kidding about the boat basin thing...i'm trying to put my head around the population density where you are with a c body versus myself in suburban Minneapolis and the expense of storage, etc...I hope you can manage to keep it.

Fix oil and tranny leaks. Rebuild power steering pump. Adjust brakes. And hopefully put dual exhaust on it.

It will all be available .....

Last one standing stays.
If none sell, good for me

I hope you are kidding about the boat basin thing...i'm trying to put my head around the population density where you are with a c body versus myself in suburban Minneapolis and the expense of storage, etc...I hope you can manage to keep it.

Thanks, I hope so too. The 79th Street Boat Basin is a park in Manhattan where people can live on their boats year-round if they so wish. I don't have a boat but the park is quite pleasant. In any event, you are much better off where you are in suburban Minneapolis.

1024px-79th_St_Basin_Gutenberg_jeh.JPG

Back