Wiring Gremlin. No power.

jtalberts

Reaction score
When I first got the car, the ignition wire was disconnected from the starting solenoid. Once that went back on the car would start without issues. I changed my speedo cable the other day and the car started after doing so. I went to start the car to let my brother listen to it the other yesterday and I had no power on the inside of the car. Nothing had power. I swapped out my battery with the new one I bought for when the car is done and the same issue. I have no power on the inside of the car. Dome lights don't come on when the door is opened and the accessory items don't come on when the key is turned.

I thought I had it fixed after I got the battery in the car as I was able to start it a few times. I went back out later and the same issue popped up. To me it almost seems like a loose connection if it will work sporadically.

Have you checked the fuses? Start at the source and start a process of elimination with a volt meter. Checking for power everywhere bulk head etc etc....

Check the main power feed plug going to the bulk head on the firewall I had problems with that over the years. Check for corrosion, burn marks, melting of plastic and discoloration from heat.

challengerenginebay752.jpg

attachment.php

index.php

Also check your fusible links ?

67-plymouth-fury-3-is-getting-no-power

[h=5]67 plymouth fury 3 is getting no power[/h] « on: June 20, 2011, 01:57:30 PM »

my 67 Plymouth is getting no power, as in no power in engine compartment or interior, AT ALL, i bought the car in Jan and the guy we bought it from said its only been sitting 10 years and needed a carb rebuild. I'm thinking maybe it could be a ground but not sure
noclue.gif
Ive replace voltage regulater, stater relay, and alternator and still nothing. please help!

Since there is no power anywhere... I would first look at the battery cables. Are the connections to the battery shiny clean and tight? Connection to the starter clean and tight. I'd test voltage at the battery too, even though it's a new battery.

In other words, start at the source and work back. A cheap digital voltmeter is your friend here.

Yeah, I've had battery clamps that can be making contact one minute and nothing the next. So definitely check those. Also, check not just the Fusible Link itself, but also the way it connects to the wiring. Connectors. I would start at the battery connections and work my way back into the car. Also, if you haven't, check your ground cable and any grounding straps, if there are any. You never know, a ground may be loose.

Back