Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

Hey Gary,

A black exterior with a green interior looks pretty damn sharp too. And less work, a total colour change to red might be a bit of a challenge (no repro stuff etc). And lose the vinyl roof...

Looking forward to this. I like the green but it's understandable after 4 other green cars. Plus that burnished red interior is really sharp. Get those door panels off to SMS now. They always take no less than 9 months.

Checked the front windscreen surround today while working on Bobs car and also sealing the roof of the house. So much to do around here lol. But anyway with the weather closing in I got cracking on what I could do before it started raining. Here are some pics showing the windscreen surround rust, but inside the cowl it is solid and good, so I wont need to replace that. Based on that I cut out the windscreen frame of the 73 NYB here which is almost rust free.

Furyy cowl rust.jpg
Furyy cowl rust1.jpg
Furyy cowl rust2.jpg
Furyy cowl rust3.jpg
Furyy cowl rust4.jpg
Furyy cowl rust5.jpg
Furyy cowl rust replacement.jpg

Checked the front windscreen surround today while working on Bobs car and also sealing the roof of the house. So much to do around here lol. But anyway with the weather closing in I got cracking on what I could do before it started raining. Here are some pics showing the windscreen surround rust, but inside the cowl it is solid and good, so I wont need to replace that. Based on that I cut out the windscreen frame of the 73 NYB here which is almost rust free.

View attachment 140443 View attachment 140444 View attachment 140445 View attachment 140446 View attachment 140447 View attachment 140448 View attachment 140449
Wow Gary... you just don't chicken out when the rusty stuff shows up:thumbsup::thankyou:

[QUOTE="Fury Pursuit, post: 504516, member: 3340]

My vote is keep it the original color even if you hate it.

congrats again![/QUOTE]

Now that's just crazy talk.

I know it's early in the build.....

Have you decided on a paint color yet?

I know it's early in the build.....

Have you decided on a paint color yet?
Black!! Lol. That was decided before it even got home. I will lose the vinyl roof too, actually I have already peeled that off and it won't be going back on. But I may leave the trim in place, not sure about that part yet.

I drilled the pop rivets out of the sheet of galvanized metal in the trunk and pulled it all out exposing the original floor underneath. I also took most of the interior out today too and checked the floors over after vacuuming it out too. The front pans are very nice, the rear footwells, not so much.

Floor2.jpg
Floor3.jpg
Trunk floor1.jpg
Trunk floor2.jpg
Trunk floor3.jpg

patience and triple check all measurement's then recheck them again.....

A big shout out to 69Monaco, I am grateful for him posting this car and giving me the opportunity to go after it. Thanks man!

Fury1.jpg

Back