Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

So yesterday was a wash, sick in bed. But today I got a bit done. I have started work on the lower quarters, pretty self explanatory. I should have this side done tomorrow weather permitting.

Quarter work.jpg
Quarter work1.jpg
Quarter work2.jpg
Quarter work3.jpg

I got one side done today, I copied all the required profiles to get it right. There are two bends on the leading edge where there trim fits, while you cant see it in this picture i duplicated that as well. I stitched the metal in so once it is ground off it will require a bare minimum of body filler to make it smooth. Maybe none at all if I am lucky. I also started on the other side as well. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow.

Quarter work4.jpg
Quarter work5.jpg
Quarter work6.jpg
Quarter work7.jpg
Quarter work8.jpg
Quarter work9.jpg

i'm curious as to how you duplicated the lip for the trim.

i'm curious as to how you duplicated the lip for the trim.
I created some form blocks out of 3/4in thick plywood, using a jigsaw to cut along the line that matches the curve of the panel in question. I clamp the metal between the two blocks of wood in a vise along the line to be folded on. Then I use a plastic mallet to work the metal over to the required angle, then move the form work to the next line of folding and repeat the process.

form blocks.jpg

Finished welding the drivers rear quarter today and did some patches around the back, they will be welded in tomorrow and I can then say the rear of the car is done.

Quarter work91.jpg
Quarter work92.jpg
Patch repair.jpg

I went and visited Dale today at his home and while there we discussed Mopars. Amazing huh? anyway, we got to talking about putting road wheels on both of his Chrysler 300's and what work needs to be done to both the cars. Part of the deal ended up with me taking a set of spare road wheels he had for my own use on the S23, woo hoo! I'm a happy chappy.

Road wheels.jpg

Back