IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
Working on my 71 Chrysler 300 sunroof, the car was the last time
on the road in 1976.
I'm going to leave the original paint i won't repaint the car, at the moment I'm working on the roof to get it ready
for new vinyl and after that new head liner and carpet.
I'm trying to get the car back on the road this summer I hope.

That car will be super when you are finished. Great colors and a sunroof - one of my favorites on this site for a long time. Very glad it got into the right hands. Please do keep us posted. :thumbsup:

IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
Wet sanding first with 2000 than 3000
after that I used Rot & Weiss is a German product and than Ultimate Compound from Meguiars with my Power polisher. I'm not done yet the
300 needs a few more passes.

Great that you are saving the original paint and that it will actually look very good too. Maybe even Carsten could like this car even if it isn't B7 blue or turquoise! :D

Great that you are saving the original paint and that it will actually look very good too. Maybe even Carsten could like this car even if it isn't B7 blue or turquoise! :D

I just don't like holes in the roof.
No matter if from rust or sunroof.
Either no roof or full roof for me please.

Carsten

IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1661.PNG
Ya my other 71 300 sunroof is B7 blue, sadly the paint on my blue one is to far gone to be saved.

I have already started the "gonna buy that car from you" fund.....just saying :)

Gorgeous cars, both of them! I'll take the blue one.

View attachment 112163 View attachment 112162 View attachment 112161 View attachment 112160 View attachment 112159 View attachment 112158 View attachment 112157 View attachment 112156 Working on my 71 Chrysler 300 sunroof, the car was the last time
on the road in 1976.
I'm going to leave the original paint i won't repaint the car, at the moment I'm working on the roof to get it ready
for new vinyl and after that new head liner and carpet.
I'm trying to get the car back on the road this summer I hope.

Really like your car and the fact you are trying to save / restore the original paint. I'm gonna try to keep my original paint too. As they say: "They're only original once."

Gorgeous car you have there, Sir. Saving the original paint is a Very wise choice.

It had whitewalls before on the older pics.
Now it has black steel wheels with RWL tires

Many germans suck in that way.
They somehow believe that looks cool.
You know it Steve having a local german who likes to ruin cars with wrong wheels, too.

Well I think anyone who doesn't drive correct bias ply tires ruins them, too:poke:

:lol:

Carsten

It had whitewalls before on the older pics.
Now it has black steel wheels with RWL tires

Many germans suck in that way.
They somehow believe that looks cool.
You know it Steve having a local german who likes to ruin cars with wrong wheels, too.

Well I think anyone who doesn't drive correct bias ply tires ruins them, too:poke:

:lol:

Carsten

Well, we can probaby agree that there is no one quite like you Carsten! You are such a good friend, though, I just overlook all your faults!

:D

Back