WPC Nat meet in Auburn Hills / Dream Cruise

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
i went to the WPC Nat meet last week, good show, abit on the small side - about 50 cars, and non member cars weren't allowed which i thought was maybe a mistake.
travelled down with kevin mccabe in his 79 Aspen wagon.
20190812_141536.jpg

it was great meeting up with @detmatt at the show and the next day visiting his shop and seeing his cars - tx matt !

part of the WPC event included a tour of a chrysler storage facility that isnt open to the public.
many many cars there, huge variety and ages, from viper le mans cars to a 1918 dodge truck, lots of concept cars inc the a 63 (?) turbine car which they started up for us !
i was surprised to see what i thought was a stock dodge mirada that also was a turbine engined car too. there was also the 76 le baron turbine car that has a hidden headlight nose similar to an 81 imperial.
we were not allowed to take pics.
there were cars like a 70 300 Hurst, 57 Belvedere 4dr hardtop with 900 miles, and too many others to list.
most of the concept cars were newer, like the imperial concept car from 2005, ( which was parked with a 1931 imperial phaeton) the 2005 chrysler 300 convertible , the hemi 8, pt cruiser and neon concept cars

It was absolutely my pleasure having you and Kevin at my shop not to mention seeing some really beautiful cars at the show. I had to close up and get to the other side of town to pickup my wife and dad for the Berkley classic car parade that evening or I would have let you guys stay at my shop till you left on your own.:thankyou:
C80CEC58-1945-4CF7-90F5-402E6B4F4AAB.jpeg

FWIW, any national meet of that sort only allows members cars to be in the show. Insurance issues, usually. Some national clubs allow a "member at large" non-member to pay full entry fees to participate in the event (all of it), but not receive any awards. Of course, spectators are free.

In one of the television ads from the '80s, the viewer entered a large room in a warehouse, which housed vehicles for which Chrysler had "Engineering Firsts" vehicles. All model years of vehicles! As the announcer started to detail them and the camera focused on the particular cars. Quite NEAT! Made me proud that they finally were mentioning these things!! Perhaps what y'all were treated to was a modernized version of that "room"? Always NEAT to get into "the archives" and enjoy feeling of intense pride of corporate people who made them all happen. And being proud to own a Chrysler product!!!
Thanks for the pictures of the wagon and of Matt's family

CBODY67

Back