WTB- 1968 Newport Center Grill Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some in fair shape, and have some NOS - NOS 2786862 = very, very pricey - I paid $250.00 for ONE from Mitchell's at Carlisle in 1990. Intact but used - not so pricey.

There is/was a place called Emblemmagic in Ohio who said he could reproduce them - but that was 20 years ago.

I am interested in purshasing an emblem from you. My Newport is cherry except for the grill medallion. Would you please quote a price for a new one and a used one and provide a photo of each? jdlov@comcast.net Back.jpgFront.jpg

Back.jpg

Front.jpg

I'll have to find my NOS ones - I have a garage filled with parts, and an entire bedroom in my house too. What's wrong with your medallion - it looks great in the photo. Anyway - I'd want a thousand for a perfect NOS one. I'm probably the one man in the country who has them. Now I'll shoot myself in the foot - Emblemagic can rebuild yours a lot cheaper than that. Here's their site: http://www.emblemagic.com/

Good luck.

Thank you. My emblem is cracked and in 6 pieces with slivers missing. What would you want for a decent used emblem that is intact and not cracked? Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

A 1,000??................ This isn't rare gold and silver here!!......... www.cbodies.com Murray Park prob has a nos one. Or he will sell you his best used one..........

I'll have to find my NOS ones - I have a garage filled with parts, and an entire bedroom in my house too. What's wrong with your medallion - it looks great in the photo. Anyway - I'd want a thousand for a perfect NOS one. I'm probably the one man in the country who has them. Now I'll shoot myself in the foot - Emblemagic can rebuild yours a lot cheaper than that. Here's their site: http://www.emblemagic.com/

Good luck.

I don't have to sell them, they don't take up much space - aside from that - I told him that Emblemagic can probably reproduce a perfect replacement for $200 - $250.

I don't have to sell them, they don't take up much space - aside from that - I told him that Emblemagic can probably reproduce a perfect replacement for $200 - $250.

Thank you. I'm not offended at all. More interested in a real emblem. What did you want for a used intact emblem?

It's going to be high also....... He stated that he bought a used one in 1990 from Frank Michell for 250.00........ With inflation and not needing to sell.........

I have some in fair shape, and have some NOS - NOS 2786862 = very, very pricey - I paid $250.00 for ONE from Mitchell's at Carlisle in 1990. Intact but used - not so pricey.

There is/was a place called Emblemmagic in Ohio who said he could reproduce them - but that was 20 years ago.

Thank you. I'm not offended at all. More interested in a real emblem. What did you want for a used intact emblem?

Any chance you could take a good close up pic of those rear emblems?? They look suspiciously like the ones I bought for the front of my '67.

Great looking car btw!!! I would love to see many more pics!!

I'll have to take a look - I have around a dozen Newports and have grabbed all the medallions I could find up in yards to around 1999. I have a box full of used ones somewhere. I have seen some of Emblemagic's work at Carlisle in the nineties - a '55 New Yorker reproduction was flawless.

I'll have to take a look - I have around a dozen Newports and have grabbed all the medallions I could find up in yards to around 1999. I have a box full of used ones somewhere. I have seen some of Emblemagic's work at Carlisle in the nineties - a '55 New Yorker reproduction was flawless.

Great, I'd appreciate an intact used emblem for sure. Also looking for the three cosmetic dash pieces where the dash meets the steering column on a 68 Newport sedan (Tan or whatever color you might have). Thank you. Jdlov

image.jpgOneeyed: sorry that took so long! I pulled it out of the garage today to get the shot for you. Rear 68 Newport sedan

image.jpg

More pics from when I bought it from a dealer in Colorado. All cherry but the front grill emblem. John Danilov 26.JPG1.JPG2.JPG5.JPG19.jpg18.jpg7.JPG25.jpg

26.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG

19.jpg

25.jpg

18.jpg

7.JPG

Last edited:

Just a short follow-up to see if you have had any success in locating the box of used Newport Grill emblems (1968). Thank you, JDLOV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back