WANTED WTB 69+ disk brake setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhealey

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for everything from spindles, hubs, calipers and disks to concert my 66 drum car. 69-72 or 73+ would both be ok. Local pick up preferred but will ship if needed. Located in Orange County ca.

The '73 and up stuff is far cheaper than the '70-'72 stuff. Something to keep in mind.

Isn't the 74 up stuff different?
The pre-'73 rotors are two-piece as opposed to the one-piece '73 and newer. The earlier ones are very hard to find new and are VERY expensive.

When I swapped mine I was under the impression I had bought '73 disks and parts. Buying new rotors and calipers, they would not fit when I put them on. That was when I learned, through a mechanic Buddy of mine, that the ones I had purchased were from a '71. (Bought the package on eBay; seller said they were '73s.) I had paid $85 each for the new rotors. The proper ones cost me over $450!!

However, I'd do it all over again for the disks are so much better than the factory drums.

Thank you for the info! I’ll target my search to 73+. Any idea what year I can go up to? Or does it vary by model

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. 74-78 formals are not a direct bolt on. I seem to remember something about the spindles being different.

69-72 one piece rotors are repoed now.
73 only has the bigger bearings and easy to find rotors

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. 74-78 formals are not a direct bolt on. I seem to remember something about the spindles being different.
You are absolutely right!!!!!
Also, 1973 c-body spindles are taller than B-body. It's a 1-year only 1-body only deal that's getting very hard to find. I have done 2 1969-72 c-body type disc conversions. Had the rotors cut. No problems.

O.K.
I am Confused. I'm Not an Expert on Yankee Models, But Many Years ago we Stripped Out a 1974? Monaco. (9/73)
It was Basically Identical to the Blues Mobile.
Now the Discs on That were a Totally Different Setup to the 69-72 Plymouth Fury / Dodge Phoenix here in Australia.
The Ball Joints were Part of the Lower Control Arm whereas the B/Js on the 69-72 were Attached to the Stub Axle.
Am I talking about Something Entirely Different or was 1973/4 the Change Over Year.
Forgive My Ignorance.
Tony.M

Now I remember,what the difference is. You are correct. It's the way the spindles bolt on is way different than 73 on down. I have seen 74-78 disc brakes and spindles bolted on to 67-73 imperials,but then you lose bolt pattern from 5 to 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back