WTB: Ceiling Mount Rear View Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDR529

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a rear view mirror for my Monaco. The ceiling mount mirror from a 74 wagon to be precise. I believe the part number for the mount is 3760510, and the mirror itself is 3695128. Anyone have one they're willing to part with?
74-ceiling-mount.jpg

IMG_1973a.jpg

Apparently the mounting spots are different for coronet wagons and monaco wagons, I don't know why, so if anyone has a ceiling mount rear view from 74 Monaco Wagon, or any Monaco for that matter, and is willing to part with it, let me know!

If you need the bracket because it flops around, put a slightly larger screw in the plate that holds the pivot ball and snug it
down. Presto, mirror fixed.

Something is very screwy here.
The rear view mirror for a '74 Monaco is a windshield mount....

2jfyag0.jpg

Last edited:
Something is very screwy here.
The rear view mirror for a '74 Monaco is a windshield mount....

From what has been gathered over on another forum. '74 was the complete change over year from ceiling mount mirror, to windshield mount mirror. The windshield mount mirror was standard equipment on hardtops and sedans in '74, but could be special ordered with a ceiling mount. Station wagons still came with the ceiling mount as standard. The ceiling mount was phased out completely in '75. The '74 ceiling mount does seem to be a one year only piece... Ive tried to mount the ceiling mount mirror from my '73 newport to the roof of my monaco (it is a '75, but has the same hole pattern as a '74 for the ceiling mount)

Here is from the '74 dodge dealer data book
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1974/74_Polara (20).jpg
from-
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1974DealershipDataBook-06.shtml

This is kind of a bluesmobile thing...... In the movie the bluesmobile is seen with a ceiling mount mirror.
04--0-01-26c.jpg

Yet, as you mentioned Stan it seems odd... Thats when a friend discovered about the '74 station wagon having the ceiling mount as standard, and that it could also be special ordered for hartops, and sedans . A very hard piece to find.

Last edited:
Holy crap. That is probably the most obscure bit of trivia for these cars I have ever heard of!!!!
Thanks for the excellent info. STILL learning and I'm loving it.
Now I'm going over to my New Yorker Forum and win a few bets with the "experts". LOL!!!
I hope you find it.

I have a real nice ceiling mounted mirror. Doesn't flop at all, the glass is in great condition. Jasons85dodgeram@hotmail.com 210-843-9063. Jason

Looking for a rear view mirror for my Monaco. The ceiling mount mirror from a 74 wagon to be precise. I believe the part number for the mount is 3760510, and the mirror itself is 3695128. Anyone have one they're willing to part with?
74-ceiling-mount.jpg

IMG_1973a.jpg

Apparently the mounting spots are different for coronet wagons and monaco wagons, I don't know why, so if anyone has a ceiling mount rear view from 74 Monaco Wagon, or any Monaco for that matter, and is willing to part with it, let me know!

i dont want to go over the OP. But if they are not interested i sent you an email jason.

I found the proper mount, but the mirror that came with it is not in the best condition. If anyone has just the mirror portion available, I'm interested.
IMG_0747.jpg

Here's what mine looks like, you can see the weird marks on the mirror from the sealant in this picture:
IMG_0742.jpg

my measurements are about 10 inches wide by 2 1/2 inches tall (including the dimmer switch). as long as it uses the hex screw to mount the mirror to the mount post I should be able to use it. Let me know what you have!

68plymouth383, if you have the whole assembly, and haven't struck a deal with monaco75, I'm definitely interested... e-mail sent.

Last edited:
Like I say, I don't want to go over you BDR529. You started the thread, it's what your looking for. So I'll leave first dibs up to you. If you would like to pass on it, I am interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back