Demo Derby, no cars got hurt

DSCI0026.JPG

Way behind schedule with pics, they already have the Garage built up, unbelievable these three guys. Smoothed out the concrete floor this week till 11 pm.

Funny... Occasionally we get a BBC story or two on the radio here. I just heard one about how it's all the rage in London to go multiple levels below your old house, adding new features like home theaters, gyms... and apparently garages for C-bodies.

I can tell already.
Too small... :poke:
:p

Damn right and what you don't see yet, there will be a cut out to the next room to store another two next to the laundry room. :realcrazy:
Planning on just a moveable half high lift wich will be suitable enough for Service work together with the pit.

Very nice! So what are the dimensions?

Please consider putting an exhaust fan in the pit. Years ago a buddy was using some sort of cleaner which gave off fumes heavier than air and his pit filled with fumes. He went in the pit and was very fortunate to have a coworker drag his butt out after he passed out. Here in Alberta I think they are banned.

Damn right and what you don't see yet, there will be a cut out to the next room to store another two next to the laundry room. :realcrazy:
Planning on just a moveable half high lift wich will be suitable enough for Service work together with the pit.
That is a fine project... I cant wait to see it finished. One question, what are you planning to do with the rest of the house? I feel sure that you will "live" in that garage once your cars get there.

We've been looking for more than 15 years on and off for a 40s-60s house in pretty original condition and grew a bit tired now as the ones with enough storage space already there were pretty run down and this one's by far in best condition and "one (deceased) owner" who built and designed the house all by himself after work over 3 years. As it had an all sixties bungalow style it was a hard sell with typical buyers so we could get it for a good price (counting in Prices you usually have to pay in this region, completely insane compared to average US Prices). All it got inside is new wallpaper in period design and a bit new paint, some new Linoleum floors where they had carpeting and new electricity with 3 wires instead of 2. For example it still has the original kitchen from 1967 minus stove and fridge. Outside the windows are new by retaining the orginal wooden louvers. When the garage is done the outside will get a Little cosmetic Attention as well, by retaining the original look. It is some sort of Hobby to hunt down 60s furniture to complete the interior. I like my houses like my cars to be time capsules and the wife likes this concept as well thank god.

Last edited:
... I like my houses like my cars to be time capsules and the wife likes this concept as well thank god.
That, I believe, is key to a happy existence...
I will never understand real estate prices. I can accept them and deal with them... but why the price in one area is so dramatically different from another sometimes escapes me. When we were shopping, I made a point to drive through neighborhoods in the evening hours just to see what the neighbors really seemed like. When we moved in here, we were the youngsters of the neighborhood. We had looked in a wide radius and lots of more expensive neighborhoods that filled up with "gansta's" at the end of the day. We lived in a secured condo community prior to the house, and it was very nice... but no garage and a few months of crowded parking every year eventually got old. Funny thing, both neighborhoods are virtually unknown and very nice... much safer and cheaper than so many around here. House flipper's have lost in both neighborhoods, but the values aren't too bad for the investment if your an owner looking to stay put. My neighbors suit me... architect,fire fighters, cop, couple of us mechanics and some utility workers... half are retired.

So the honeymoon suite will be above???

Back