Demo Derby, no cars got hurt

That window belongs to the staircase.

So which color are you going with in the kitchen... :p

doorsixteen_brightsinks_kohlercolor.jpg

I like my houses like my cars to be time capsules and the wife likes this concept as well thank god.

That, I believe, is key to a happy existence....

Totally get the concept, and luckily the wife is on board as well! Show more house pics.

I like telling people I have a copper 1964 Imperial by General Motors parked in my kitchen.
IMG-20150103-00605_zps089b143e.jpg

IMG-20150103-00611_zps0d7c50d3.jpg

We had our licensed Frigidaire appliances in Germany as well manufactured by Opel, but only until 1962, after that they fully concentrated on vehicle production. I may consider one for the future, if space allows.

37788_600.jpg
Opel_Kuehlschrank_600.jpg
Opel_Kuehlschrank_600.jpg

We had our licensed Frigidaire appliances in Germany as well manufactured by Opel, but only until 1962, after that they fully concentrated on vehicle production. I may consider one for the future, if space allows.
That's really cool (pun intended). Looks just like the US model except for the "Adam Opel" lettering.

old appliance collector world...? :wtf:

You think it's hard to find a service manual for a '71 Polara, or some piece of trim? What if you have to figure out a defrost circuit problem, or your KDS-17 isn't draining? Your odds of getting a repairman who can fix it are about the same as taking your to Polara PeP-Boyz for a tune up.

Here's a sample post from their For Sale page, specifically the thread for UK collectors:

Thread Number: 63976 / Tag: Classified Ad Finds
Classic UK Appliances & Kitchens February 2016

It's hard enough to find parts for stuff that's 10-15 years old. I gave up and I got rid of everything old and have all modern stainless stuff now. The last piece was a microwave from 1982 that I could switch from 110 to 220v. Bought it at the PX in Germany...

That's really cool (pun intended). Looks just like the US model except for the "Adam Opel" lettering.

They actually even have a Consultant within the largest Opel car Club for These.

I hope you realize that in the old appliance collector world (and there is such a world) that fridge you posted is considered the same as this:

1962703_364466317056084_2434913345985676721_n.jpg
My apologies to any fans... FWIW it isnt mine... but growing up in a blue collar beer drinking town, that is as good as it got for repurposed old fridges. In my household it was gutted and used as a powder safe. Dad did a lot of reloading and it seemed like as good as anything I saw in use in the 70s-80s. I am aware of the classic appliance idea, just not into it. AFAIAC you guys have too many trade offs to match my desires. I want larger, more efficient and newer features.

I do admire a nicely done original kitchen... the modernized repop stuff turns me off. I even considered (for about a minute, before "management" denied) looking for the old tin cabinets and doing something like that myself. As I said, I just want the more modern functionality and dislike the repops.

At least I didnt post a pic of one with a flame job...:)

Back