Demo Derby, no cars got hurt

You think it's hard to find a service manual for a '71 Polara, or some piece of trim? What if you have to figure out a defrost circuit problem, or your KDS-17 isn't draining? Your odds of getting a repairman who can fix it are about the same as taking your to Polara PeP-Boyz for a tune up.

Here's a sample post from their For Sale page, specifically the thread for UK collectors:

Thread Number: 63976 / Tag: Classified Ad Finds
Classic UK Appliances & Kitchens February 2016

I used to have pinball machines, and went to plenty of shows and auctions. A lot of freaks at those events

I still go to toy and train shows and events. A completely different crowd than above, much more somber.

Now and then I also will attend a" antiques and collectible" event. When one pops up local. Never been to the secret society of appliance collectors of America shows.... I bet it would be interesting.

Some Progress, just one car parked for trial as work goes on. Six Euro cars are manageable in that place, the 300 will go to the single Garage on the other end of the house.
"Decoration"wall for the terrace on top of the Garage there. I got overruled in choice of final pattern by the wife and Long distance Consultant Stan. :D Further consultation will be a bit difficult now I tink. There will be some timber back on the metal framing back to the wall and a very tiny Pond possibly where this tree is now visible.

DSCI0048.JPG

DSCI0044.JPG
DSCI0047.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't realize there was an existing single car attached,
du gehtst mir auf die Nerven!

Single car Garage is Long enough, but a pretty narrow door for a C-Body. Otherwise I'd have to park it in the Basement where that black Piece of the wall will be torn down after having the doors installed for the new Garage. Wouldn't like to have some unwanted visitors.

Weather is getting cold now, but quite some Progress which will be updated soon.
Got some more time for the Internet through fall and winter if you don't mind. :D

Still many of the Regulars around here. Old timers all still in good health I hope.

Found the pic of the egg grader on German e-bay and I found the look most interesting. Wife talked me out of buying it. ;)

Hey Klause! Nice to see you posting, I was beginning to wonder.

DSCI0124.JPG

Finally the Frames for the wire mesh glass arrived. Due to some technical issues they couldn't be gold anodized for an even look at the welding points but had to be coated or should I say dipped ? I'm not completely happy with that but that was already the second set of Frames they produced, I'd like to put an end on that gate after 6 months now. Don't think this Project will produce a Profit for the firm who built it. Glass is coming in next. Was wondering about the lower Panels painting according to the Frames, but have decided on dark Brown as the rest. Waiting for better weather for paint.
Wonder if I could get Critter interested in some klinker Stone laying for the walls surrounding the gate. :p

Last edited:
2/3 rds to the left, 1/3 to the right, I would have liked to have These done as a three or four Piece folding type, but costs would have been a good bit higher as they already were. Can't have it all.

With hinges only on each end, I'm guessing accordian doors?
I figured as much but now I want to see them open and some pics of the hardware please.

Back