Stormer's 73 Imperial Build

Stormer, how is the gen lll motor build going? Im looking into a similar swap, but not sure if i want to mess with the computers and wiring. Have you ever looked into carbing a newer motor? I assume you still need a computer for timing on the new motors?

Stormer, how is the gen lll motor build going? Im looking into a similar swap, but not sure if i want to mess with the computers and wiring. Have you ever looked into carbing a newer motor? I assume you still need a computer for timing on the new motors?
My 6.1 is built & sitting on my "shop" floor. I bought a simple plug & play wiring harness & I'm gonna use a computer from a 2005 RAM that will be loaded with a custom tune. 727 will bolt right up & I'm gonna need a chassis modification anyway so mine should be pretty simple.

As far as running a carb, has2be or others here know more but I can tell you that the 5.7 needs a computer for sure since it has variable valve timing. I think you could run a carb but EFI is pretty awesome & you can really fine tune it.

Don't be scared of a computer though.

thanks, i will look into it more, what did the plug and play cost ya if you dont mind me asking? Chassis mods? Is it clearance with the k member or the tranny hump?

I'll have to look at the receipt for the harness but I think it was like $650 or so. It's in the box out at my storage.

The chassis mods are to narrow the frame to make room for bags.

I'll have to look at the receipt for the harness but I think it was like $650 or so. It's in the box out at my storage.

The chassis mods are to narrow the frame to make room for bags.

I really cant wait for you to get rolling on this

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Ross, what's the estimate finish dates for the Polara and the Challenger. I remember you mentioning that you are going to drive the Polara and race the Challenger (sub 10.0 ET) this year.

I should have taken over the damn project.

Ross, what's the estimate finish dates for the Polara and the Challenger. I remember you mentioning that you are going to drive the Polara and race the Challenger (sub 10.0 ET) this year.

The Challenger will be home within the next 30 days & will be track ready. Low tens this year with a final goal (for now) of ten flat.

The Polara will get done this year since it's a very simple project. Paint, upholstery, drivetrain refresh & she's ready for the road.

I meant Stan would have restored it instead of modifying it I wanna see what you do to it

I know, what's ridiculous is that Stan would declare himself "in charge" of my project & I would somehow go along with it....

Got the engine & tranny out of the parts car. Finally.....

Question: What do you do if you cross thread the bolt in the motor mount?

Answer: Just weld the nut to the bolt & leave the bolt sticking out 3/4".

Unbelievable, see photo. And tough **** if they're sideways.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Mr modern technology is always preaching to us about how great things like phones are for taking photos yet cant post a vertical photo to save his ***......................

I am happy to hear of your automotive progress however..........

Back