WANTED 11 x 3 brake drums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact Craig @ mobileparts, he is a member here and excellent source for good quality, hard to find parts for our old cars. A lot of us here have used him over the years. If you leave him a message he will call you back.

Are your current drums too damaged to turn on a brake lathe?
If just a few grooves or some rust, you might save a lot of money by getting a local shop to turn your drums. They'll also tell you if the turn goes beyond max diameter. I just used Stanley's Auto to turn my 1972 front discs. $25 each.

69Polara440,
I have the *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. made *** 11" x 3" Front Brake Drums --- and LEFTY (Not Many) and Righty Front
Wheel Studs for the Hub & Drum changeover process....

A metal brake drum can not be relined cheaply....that outfit relines the 8 Lug Pontiac Brake Drum, for example, at $ 495 each.....

Simply P.M. me, as per forum rules, for your ticket to success...... yours, Craig.....

WOW !!!
$ 25 to cut a Rotor ?!?! We used to charge $ 7.....

No wonder they don't even bother to cut Rotors for Chevy Celebritys, Ford Tauruses, etc. where the Chineseum Rotors cost $ 17.75 each, etc.....

And, I have those 1969 - 1972 "C" body Hub & Rotors
*** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. made *** for $ 110 each --- you really should have gone with them ---- better for your caliper pistons and rubber --- not having to travel all the way out..

WOW !!!
$ 25 to cut a Rotor ?!?! We used to charge $ 7.....

No wonder they don't even bother to cut Rotors for Chevy Celebritys, Ford Tauruses, etc. where the Chineseum Rotors cost $ 17.75 each, etc.....

And, I have those 1969 - 1972 "C" body Hub & Rotors
*** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. made *** for $ 110 each --- you really should have gone with them ---- better for your caliper pistons and rubber --- not having to travel all the way out..
Hi Craig. I'll keep you in mind for rotors!
$50 bucks plus $26 for pads, grease the wheel bearings and I had normal braking with no warped rotors causing chatter at the brake pedal and steering wheel. I was happy.
I worked for Penske Auto in the 1990s. We charged $15 per rotor. Inflation is what it is. Ben

Why not convert to the dime-a-dozen 2.5x11 rear brakes? They used this size on almost all mopars from the 70's to the 90's.

69 Polara 440,
Just realized you asked about 11" x 3" --- Rear --- Brake Drums.....
I DO have the 11" x 3 " --- Rear --- Brake Drums.....

NO LEFTY Rear Wheel Studs, however--- first hole in my
LEFTY Wheel Studs inventory (still have over 1000 LEFTYS, Altogether !!!!)

Yours, Craig....

As far as changing out to 11" x 2 1/2" Rears, why hunt down backing plates for an inferior set up, when you already have the quality superior set up ?!?!

Anyone know a source for C body 11 x 3 rear brake drums? Do they even make them anymore? Thanks!
I did not even think they made a rear at that size but my 1970-1977 Bendix catalog shows a 140217(11x3) for a 1970-1973 Imp and LeBaron rear if you can find crossover for some other brand maybe it will help.

Just for cross reference, the HD brakes on some B bodies used the same 11x3 drums. Mainly 68/69 Road Runners and Hemi cars.
Hope this helps.
I had the tow pkg on my 68 NYer and had to buy 11x3 drums.
Hard to find and not cheap.

Rockauto shows to have them. Look up 1969 Fury
Your drums will be staked to the wheel studs. I think these are the same I have on my Newyorker.

As far as changing out to 11" x 2 1/2" Rears, why hunt down backing plates for an inferior set up, when you already have the quality superior set up ?!?!

Rear drums only do 30% of the braking on average, so that 1/2" of brake shoe is really not going to make that much of a difference, and you'll never ever be able to "feel" the difference. You can get backing plates off a vehicle at the wreckers for next to nothing, most of the parts..wheel cylinders, springs hardware and E-brake cables will swap over, and then just need some new shoes and drums, or if the parts vehicle has had some work done to it you might luck out and get the complete set-up for a very reasonable price.

This is the route I've gone down on all my cars over the years, the benefit is dirt cheap parts that you can get anywhere, and from pretty much any parts supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back