For Sale 13,000 Mile K Car NOT MINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth the owner contacted me and said the brakes are fixed. Apparently he still hasn't sold it yet.

My dad bought a brand new 1986 K-Car with the fuel injection to replace the 1973 Fury fiasco that AAA caused. I don't think I did many oil changes on it, left that up to him, but when it came time mileage wise to do the timing belt I went through it with all belts, oxygen sensor, belt idler pulley, tune up etc. The belt turned into a PITA as when I test drove it I thought it didn't have the pep that it did and sur'nuf the timing belt was one tooth off and then I remembered the old Chevy Vega trick and had to scrounge up a mirror to get it spot on.
Then came a oil change a while after that and I noticed the outboard CV joint boots were cracked and slinging grease. To quicken up the job my NAPA counter person sold me on a set of rebuilt shafts. BIG MISTAKE! A little while down the road the driver side boot tore open because it was too tight or of poor quality.
They swapped it out N/C but the R & R was on me and I wished I'd taken the time to do the boots by myself on the original shafts like I have done many times before. Then there was the leaking rack, did the same as mom needs the car for her daily errands, put a rebuilt rack in it, it didn't leak but was more worn out with play at dead center. Shud'da resealed the original one myself. I hate rebuilt over the counter sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back