1948 CROWN IMPERIAL limousine for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

71petty

Reaction score
Contact seller
selling a 48 crown imperial limo 2 owners since 1969 very solid body no motor or trans previous owner was going to install a 440-727 trans includes some extra parts 3 new wide whites. has rear jump seats solid floors and body parts very rare only a small number built from 46-48 front bumper and grille not pictured but I have them in good shape extra grilles call me or e mail me for more details thanks 1800.00 obo

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a formal, not a limo. The Formals had jump seats but no divider window, limos have a divider glass between the driver and rear compartment.

Neat car, you in Michigan?

If a C body is a land yacht, that is more like a land based battleship. :)

Awesome.

I rode in a '48 DeSoto taxicab in Ankara, Turkey in 1990. Interesting experience!

Dolmus taxi with a tired Diesel and completely chewed out mechanicals I suppose.

Dolmus taxi with a tired Diesel and completely chewed out mechanicals I suppose.

No, it still had the Chrysler Six and rode fairly well. The taxi driver was quite proud of his car, and loved it when I asked him about it. There were several others running around Ankara at that time, too.

My only experience in a foreign taxi like, was a long ride in an '81 Ford Crown Vic in Mexico City, over 15 years ago now. I was traveling along and ended up at the Airport, as I asked, instead of being kidnapped.

So, I guess that was a really positive experience in retrospect.

The Crown Vic was actually said to be a "limo" in Mexico City. Certainly more comfortable than riding around in an old VW Beetle, which was the usual taxi then.

It looked about like this only a lot dirtier and with several more dents in the quarters:

Front-1024x927.jpg

But my beater '83 Crown Vic (pulled out of a junk yard and brought back to life) was cleaner in every respect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back