Reaction score
Contact seller
NM

Nice!!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4535213280.html

00e0e_eUd954TvSjy_600x450.jpg

00V0V_gF50jZIOQln_600x450.jpg

00X0X_6vaMwaewRA9_600x450.jpg

Why does the rear end look pointed upwards in that profile pic?

My thoughts too. Rear is a little too 'jacked up'. Beautiful car though.

My brother had one of these. He was doing a ground-up restoration in the 80s/early 90s but family then got in the mix. I took ownership for a measly $2500 (not so measly back then) but I then reconsidered since I didn't have enough space to easily store it. *sigh*

Here's a photo of bro's engine/frame (and my bike) about 1990:
79_SportsterXLS_Poulsbo03.jpg

This car is a great example of whether it could/ should/would be a daily driver.
The first person that uses the phrase "I'd drive the snot out of it" is full of B.S.
Face it. You can't and you know it. And driving it to Carlisle is not driving the snot out of it. So, as desirable as it is, it's an $80k trophy. In an ideal world, perhaps an alternate universe, one could spend $80k, use it as you would your DD SUV, and watch it devalue every time you turn the key. Only Saudi royalty and Russian Mafioso do that.

Posted via Topify on Android

Stunning car. I'm with Stan. NO WAY any of you "old cars are better daily drivers" people would EVER drive this beauty every day. If you say you would, you are lying or you obviously have more money that brains.

I always bragged about driving the snot out of my nicest Imperial until one day I let a friend take it around the block. He showed me I had been doing it wrong!
I think that's the ultimate measure - would you be willing to let someone else drive it or even ride in it?

Driving the snot out it means driving it anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Even in icy muddy slush down to Home Depot to pick up a few bags of rock salt. It means driving it every day back and forth to work regardless of weather. It means parking it in the only space left in the public parking garage even though it's marked Compact Car Parking Only.

Posted via Topify on Android

I lost a good friend that called Topeka home last fall that had a 300 D(the C and D looked like the same car to the untrained eye) that he collected enough trophies to cover a whole wall in hiz basement office, and he spent more time in it at 80+ then he did under that #. He got nailed in hiz GT3000 VR4 banzain' thru' the Ozarks back in the early '90s that he never would tell me how fast he waz going. Just said that they made him come back to go to court and the fine waz $500 plus an unmentioned amount in court costs. Story#2, Ustah be and probably still iz ah water hole 30 milez west of Mena, Arkansas the you could sit on tree stumpz fur bar stoolz 'n drink in Oklahoma and go pee in Arkansas in the hiz and herz and never leave the building. 3 of left that bar one night for the trip back into Mena in hiz 'LIL Red Express and that waz the last time I let him drive hiz own wheelz on that trip 'til we got back to Topeka, and we 3 were all sober before and after when we took that ride. Yeah he waz nutz but I still loved him like ah brother and he iz missed by me and many otherz

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 70nport

i can honestly say i would not drive that car at all.

correct answer!

I think Garys reason for not driving that car is different then most of us...... He hates em ...

Personally ....... I'd drive it. Not as an everyday driver, but a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back