For Sale 1957 Chrysler New Yorker for Sale 2 Door Hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot buy cars from the US at this time....
1. The Canadian dollar took a dump..
2. The US/Canadian border is closed.
3.No place to put the car and work on it.
I am tempted..but have to be realistic..

Life Goes On. On my way to Indiana to trailer home (to Cali) a 1961 Chrysler Newport 2 dr. coupe. Runs and drives, already have new parts (upgrades) waiting to put on when I get her here; Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS2 4bbl. carb.(replacing the stock 2bbl.), Weiand Dual Plane Aluminum intake manifold, Pertronix ignition/coil, Taylor 8mm ignition wires & Autolite platinum spark plugs. ...so get out there, go find your "Project' car(s), get in your garage/shed/barn/carport/backyard/back alley and have fun during these times of "Shelter in Place", and be ready for the car shows for next year (or maybe this Fall?) So be patriotic, help your fellow American, buy his classic car(s),$temulate the economy, buy those car parts (Summit Racing & Classic Industries are open) you will be helping him and yourself. 'It's the American thing to do!' $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Last edited:
Just returned home with this '61 Chrysler Newport from Indiana. ...run and drives.

IMG_20200424_102513.jpg

I cannot buy cars from the US at this time....
1. The Canadian dollar took a dump..
2. The US/Canadian border is closed.
3.No place to put the car and work on it.
I am tempted..but have to be realistic..

No sense of adventure. Lol

If you did find something you just had to have, US exchange rate be damned, the border is open to commercial traffic. Just have it shipped.

Kevin

Summit and Jegs are not the kind of place to source parts for a forward look car. It will be a shame to lose the integrity of such a rare and desirable Mopar. It's one reason nice original examples of these cars are so rare. There value vanishes once subjected to cheap, low grade upgrades. The word "restored" does mot apply. (look it up). JMHO.

No sense of adventure. Lol

If you did find something you just had to have, US exchange rate be damned, the border is open to commercial traffic. Just have it shipped.

Kevin
I had plenty of road adventures and more to come! But they may not include buying a car and crossing the border with it,LOL!!

I have a 1961 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door that is white with a red interior and is equipped with a/c. It runs but doesn't drive yet. I intend to leave it all stock - they ran just fine that way. Adding aftermarket stuff just severely reduces its value and rarely does much good anyway. People love to see these cars just as they came off the assembly line.

I keep all of the original parts in case I would sell,(...would be a LONG time from now) they can be put back on. I just like the dependability/reliability of upgraded parts. Jay Leno has a '58 Imperial that he put on aftermarket disc brakes,( again an upgrade) so do you b**** and moan about that,. TO EACH HIS OWN, you do your thing, and I do my thing. I think this year I will quit social media, too many "sour grape" folks for me. Life is TOO short for this S***! I will create my own happiness! PEACE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back