1957 New Yorker added to the collection!

Trav Airflow

Reaction score
After hunting around for a '60 New Yorker for many years I came across this '57 just a couple of hours from my home so decided to take a look. Needless to say it was an easy choice to finally get behind the wheel of a Forward Look and bring it home!
Having sat in a private collection for a long time I will give the car a good once over and return it to regular street usage again.
20211213_203343.jpg

It doesn’t get much nicer than that. What a great score of a beautiful car. Post more pics when you can. I’m sure we would all love to see more of that New Yorker.

How many miles indicated on that jewel? That is the way to buy them these days. It even uses the original corbin hose clamps. They don't come much more original or in such good condition that that one.

Congratulations!

How many miles indicated on that jewel? That is the way to buy them these days. It even uses the original corbin hose clamps. They don't come much more original or in such good condition that that one.

Congratulations!
Thanks! It is showing 34,000 miles which has form the paperwork I have been around at least once. It has been in Australia since 2005 and prior to coming out here a lot of work was done by previous owners judging by the piles of receipts I have for it.

Congrats on your very very special car. Pity you had to sell your house to get it though.

20211213_203135-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 507256

I was under the impression that cars imported to Australia had to be converted to RHD.

I assume you mean when they were shipped new to Australia, right? He said it has been in Australia since 2005, so I assume it was shipped over there from another country.

I do know that since I have sold a few cars to Australia, they certainly do not need to be converted to send them over there or to have them converted when they arrive there.

What I am more curious about is why the instrument/clock pods are red??? In my 300C at least, they match the tan color of the seats/door panels/headliner.................................

My information goes way back to a Australian friend attending school in Detroit in 1969. He bought a new Pontiac Trans Am while in the states. Time came to have it shipped home and he was required to have the car transformed to RHD before he could registered it there.
I remember it being a very costly modification.

I assume you mean when they were shipped new to Australia, right? He said it has been in Australia since 2005, so I assume it was shipped over there from another country.

I do know that since I have sold a few cars to Australia, they certainly do not need to be converted to send them over there or to have them converted when they arrive there.

What I am more curious about is why the instrument/clock pods are red??? In my 300C at least, they match the tan color of the seats/door panels/headliner.................................

In Australia we are allowed to have left hand drive vehicles as long as they are 25 years or older. Anything newer has to be Right Hand Drive to register. A friend has a 71 Dodge Charger R/t that was imported in the early 80's and converted to RHD, then in the early 2000's he converted it back to LHD!

The instrument pods are red from the factory in New Yorker trim.

I was wondering about those gauge pods too. That red just doesn't cut it for me.

Back