1958 Dodge 2 door wagon (NE SD) Parts car maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebrea

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/4524054694.html

1958 Dodge 2 door wagon. Minimal rust, no front clip. Clear title. If you know these cars or the 57/58 Sweptline truck you know how rare this is. Make a Serious CASH offer!!!!

00I0I_37uvyzVnHdi_600x450.jpg

00I0I_37uvyzVnHdi_600x450.jpg

Virtually everyone made a 2 door wagon in the mid-late 50's. A few, like Chevy, Pontiac, AMC and Mercury made (or tried to make) sporty ones, but most were the most basic, low priced economy wagons for people who wanted to haul but didn't want a truck, or to pay the price for a 4 door wagon.

60 Ply.jpg61 Ford.jpgdownload (1).jpgimages (4).jpgimages (1).jpgdownload (2).jpgMerc.jpgimages (2).jpgmalibu.jpgimages (10).jpg

60 Ply.jpg

61 Ford.jpg

download (1).jpg

images (4).jpg

images (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

Merc.jpg

images (2).jpg

malibu.jpg

images (10).jpg

Here is my old '56 Plymouth Suburban 2-door wagon. The PO installed a '66 8-3/4" rear axle and a Firebird stub frame. I got it as a pretty rough project, and sold it as you see it here. I never did get around to installing the '69 440 I had on a stand for this car!

Two-door wagons were a very popular body style, going back to 1948. Mopar had several, BTW at that time. These were not "Nomad competition", as this style pre-dates the Nomad by a decade.

wagon20.jpg

Two door wagons were the cheapest bread and butter Versions for Basic Transportation while original Nomad for 55-57 was a then new concept of a stylish Sport wagon. At 2.8 k Dollars as a V8 it was the highest priced full size Chevrolet of them all, the equivalent to the Basic two doors would have been two door Station of the 150 Series at 2.3 k.
Pontiac Safari was still a similar concept to the Nomad.

Two-door wagons were a very popular body style, going back to 1948. Mopar had several, BTW at that time. These were not "Nomad competition", as this style pre-dates the Nomad by a decade.

The Nomad was a mid 50's 2 door wagon. The car above was a mid 50's 2 door wagon.

I used the name Nomad to refer to 2 door wagons in the same way people use (or used to use) the brand name Kle-nex, or Zerox when referring to facial tissue or copy machines

Regarding your quoting a word I didn't actually use:

Competitor: Any person or entity which is a rival against another. In business, a company in the same industry or a similar industry which offers a similar product or service.

Competition: Rivalry in which every seller tries to get what other sellers are seeking at the same time: sales, profit, and market share by offering the best practicable combination of price, quality, and service.

They don't have to be the same product only competing with similar products, there are niche strategies employed all the time. Some use the low cost leader approach, some go for quality and emphasis exlusivity over cost, others come out with a product with features the competitors don't have and it doesn't mean one has to be better than the other or the lead dog. All the company's with similar products are competitors in the market, but may not necessarily be locked in a life or death struggle or "competition" for supremacy against each other.

Do you try to be an *** or does it just come natural?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back