1958 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Super D500 Convertible

Precisely the decade that is now dying out and he offers up a "just" restored 1958 for $190,000!!!

Gotta have a thread for crazy eBay auctions. Think he'll take 80K?

That's the first time that I can recall that you have posted a For Sale car, Scott. That listing must have really got a huge WTF out of you!!

Posted via Topify on Android

Is there a 'drool' emoticon? Because I need to hit it numerous times. Would make a serious attempt at finding Hoffa's remains for one of these!

Glenn

Thats a lot of cash ....... but man ......... thats a lot of car.

My only issue with I have is the 361 engine. 1958 was the first year for the B engine ....... and it was a 350 CID. The 361 came around in 59.
That car, restored to that level, for that price........ SHOULD be correct.

The engine options in 1958 included the standard single four bbl 350 cu in. V8 and also 361 cu in V8s with single or dual four bbl carburetors. There was even a fuel injected 361 supposedly available, but I have never seen one that was supposed to have had it originally. What is unusual about that convertible is that he restored it with the Regal Lancer interior and outside paint scheme, although the side trim is not the same as Regal Lancer (which was a mid model year Spring Special to juice up sales, and was top of the line, above the Custom Royal Lancer - there were no Regal Lancer convertibles made). The price of that convertible seems unrealistic in my opinion. I have a real Regal Lancer, but it is yet to be restored, and I hope to get to it in the near future. It pretty much needs a full restoration but it is also mostly rust free, which helps a lot. I can only hope mine would approach being as nice as this convertible. Mine has the standard 350 V8 engine. The color schemes of the Regal Lancers was either black and bronze or white and bronze. Mine was originally the latter. Gary Goers also has done the interior for my car, and that is about as far as I have gotten. Here is mine on the day I picked it up quite a few years ago:

58 Dodge Regal Lancer Project.jpg

58 Dodge Regal Lancer Project.jpg

That is an attractive beast. My first car was a 1960 Desoto fireflite hardtop with optional 383 engine. lime green! Paid 75 bucks for it in 1969.

The engine options in 1958 included the standard single four bbl 350 cu in. V8 and also 361 cu in V8s with single or dual four bbl carburetors. There was even a fuel injected 361 supposedly available, but I have never seen one that was supposed to have had it originally. What is unusual about that convertible is that he restored it with the Regal Lancer interior and outside paint scheme, although the side trim is not the same as Regal Lancer (which was a mid model year Spring Special to juice up sales, and was top of the line, above the Custom Royal Lancer - there were no Regal Lancer convertibles made). The price of that convertible seems unrealistic in my opinion. I have a real Regal Lancer, but it is yet to be restored, and I hope to get to it in the near future. It pretty much needs a full restoration but it is also mostly rust free, which helps a lot. I can only hope mine would approach being as nice as this convertible. Mine has the standard 350 V8 engine. The color schemes of the Regal Lancers was either black and bronze or white and bronze. Mine was originally the latter. Gary Goers also has done the interior for my car, and that is about as far as I have gotten. Here is mine on the day I picked it up quite a few years ago:

View attachment 26528

I can't wait until you tear into this one! I'll be out to help as it's one of my favorites.

Dang......I'm liking Forward Look cars a lot!!!:eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

If I remember correctly, a 361 D500 engine was available in 1958. (Bryan).

The engine options in 1958 included the standard single four bbl 350 cu in. V8 and also 361 cu in V8s with single or dual four bbl carburetors.

I stand corrected ........... I had it in my head that the first "B" engine was only avaliable as a 350 CID. in the 1958 models.
I do think the 350 was the only "B" engine avaliable as an option in the 58 Plymouth line of cars, and called "Golden Commando".

Thanks for your knowledge guys.

I'd rather have this one. The 'vert does nothing for me.
I have to agree Stan ..... Although I can't say the convertible "does nothing for me". Makes me weak in my boots actually......

But as much as I like a convertible there is something really sexy about the sport coupe roofline. And I like the White & copper better.
That Regal Lancer is beautiful and will be a stunner when done.

Back