1958 Imperial getting put back together.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My Mopar buddy is restoration a 1958 for a friend. I stopped by to check out the progress and help install the hood.

IMG_20151223_133939512_HDR.jpgIMG_20151223_132728159.jpg

IMG_20151223_133939512_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151223_132728159.jpg

Very nice....Love the black paint. Imperials always look better in formal black. It's like a classy tuxedo.

Very nice....Love the black paint. Imperials always look better in formal black. It's like a classy tuxedo.

This is an outstanding paint job too. It is going to be a beauty. He is doing everything but the interior. He just got the chrome back and is installing it and the trim.

I have mountains of parts for this car if you need --- all mechanical parts -- brakes, front end, ignition, electrical, etc., etc. -- ALL NEW --
No "pieces of car" -- fenders, quarters, mirrors, radio knobs, etc., etc.
Nice looking "Christine"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the car a coupe or four door? what model and color of interior, Did he do a frame off or what also, mechanical and interior?

I have mountains of parts for this car if you need --- all mechanical parts -- brakes, front end, ignition, electrical, etc., etc. -- ALL NEW --
No "pieces of car" -- fenders, quarters, mirrors, radio knobs, etc., etc.
Nice looking "Christine"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, he had a donor car but I'll ask if he needs anything else.

Is the car a coupe or four door? what model and color of interior, Did he do a frame off or what also, mechanical and interior?

It is a four door with blue interior. I don't know the model. He did a frame off restoration. He restored everything but the interior. The Hemi has been rebuilt completely along with the transmission. If it didn't work is does now, along with the A/C. It is now owned by 2 cousins whos fathers, used to own the local dealership. They are essentially the second owners, it was one of their father's car.

Agreed.... Imperials always look good in Black. That looks to be a very nice one. Please post us some more pictures when done. Merry Christmas.

He is slowly getting it back together. I hope to get over and see it in person some evening this week
20160602_1946531.jpg
20160531_2012351.jpg

58s are one of Imperial's best designs I believe. The front ends were so much better than the 57s. Beautiful car. Chrome plating looks great.

For me the "toothy grill" is what sways me toward the '59. However the '57 or '58 Imperial with an 392 Hemi motor is a difficult "Elephant" to not overlook.

100_0256_resized.JPG

Back