Vinyltop and headliner Imperial 1971 2 door

jet1969

Reaction score
I am looking for a vinyltop and headliner for my Imperial 1971 2 door.

I see some vinyltop for Imperial 1971 2 door but actually I don’t know for sure if these will fit nicely. Any suggestions?

A Headliner for an Imperial 1971 2 door ( green) I haven’t seen at all. Where can I get a green headliner for my Imperial? Thanks for helping me out

I am looking for a vinyltop and headliner for my Imperial 1971 2 door.

I see some vinyltop for Imperial 1971 2 door but actually I don’t know for sure if these will fit nicely. Any suggestions?

A Headliner for an Imperial 1971 2 door ( green) I haven’t seen at all. Where can I get a green headliner for my Imperial? Thanks for helping me out

I purchased a vinyl top and headliner for my '73 Newport Navajo from these people. They have the correct materials, etc. It was a bit of a hassle dealing with them, because the first headliner they sent was wrong, but it all worked out in the end:

SMS Auto Fabrics - The Largest Selection of Classic Auto Interiors

I purchased a vinyl top and headliner for my '73 Newport Navajo from these people. They have the correct materials, etc. It was a bit of a hassle dealing with them, because the first headliner they sent was wrong, but it all worked out in the end:

Thanks, I saw their side with the right vinyl and headliner but when you put the items in the shoppingbasket , you don’t get any price and cannot order. Since I am situated in Amsterdam sending back stuff from Europe to the USA is much more hassle and costly

Anyone dealt with these guys:Chrysler Imperial, Imperial Crown & Imperial LeBaron - 1964 thru 1993 - Landau Vinyl Tops | TopsOnline

looks good

I ordered 2 vinyl tops from SMS in the last 3 years, and they were just perfect in color, grain and quality.
One 78 Continental Mark V (light champagne) and my 73 Imperial LeBaron 4-door HT (dark green).
The Marks vinyl arrived after 12 weeks as told before, the Imperial vinyl took 14 months and many reminders before delivery. But now it sits and fits.

IMG20231007160355.jpg

Before they take your order, they will send you the material pattern to choose, maybe several different available specimen.
On the card - or the specimen - there will be your price, if you like to order with them.
They seem not to be very "digital" ;)

A friend ordered his vinyl top with TopsOnline and was quite satisfied as well, concerning that he liked the new vinyl to be "white" instead of the correct "light champagne" for his Lincoln Town Coupé, because that colour wasn´t available at TopsOnline.

The inquiry for a new headliner for my Imperial brought 3 different specimen for the cloth I can order, with the price next to them.
The correct material was one of them, just to make sure you get what you want before.
Maybe I will order it later in the year and see, how long the delivery takes, as it is not really needed yet.

@jet1969 -- the Imperial material is possibly different from the Chrysler material. That was the case in 1973, see here.

Thanks, I saw their side with the right vinyl and headliner but when you put the items in the shoppingbasket , you don’t get any price and cannot order. Since I am situated in Amsterdam
I ordered 2 vinyl tops from SMS in the last 3 years, and they were just perfect in color, grain and quality.
One 78 Continental Mark V (light champagne) and my 73 Imperial LeBaron 4-door HT (dark green).
The Marks vinyl arrived after 12 weeks as told before, the Imperial vinyl took 14 months and many reminders before delivery. But now it sits and fits.

View attachment 643614

Before they take your order, they will send you the material pattern to choose, maybe several different available specimen.
On the card - or the specimen - there will be your price, if you like to order with them.
They seem not to be very "digital" ;)

A friend ordered his vinyl top with TopsOnline and was quite satisfied as well, concerning that he liked the new vinyl to be "white" instead of the correct "light champagne" for his Lincoln Town Coupé, because that colour wasn´t available at TopsOnline.

The inquiry for a new headliner for my Imperial brought 3 different specimen for the cloth I can order, with the price next to them.
The correct material was one of them, just to make sure you get what you want before.
Maybe I will order it later in the year and see, how long the delivery takes, as it is not really needed yet.
So SMS has great quality but you have to be patient. I think 12 month waiting time is a little bit out of range of what I expected. So Topsonline is a good alternative for vinyl tops if you don't have special requests.
Also the same thing for headliners to order at SMS , they pay a lot of attention to quality and service but it takes them a while to provide the items.
I bought a vinyl top at Newstalgia Parts and cloth for a GM car at SMS. Both was nice. The SMS fabric was expensive but fantastic!
Thanks, Newstalgia parts has a vinyl top and headliners for an Imperial 1970 , Think it will fit a 1971 Imperial I just send them an email to inquire
I bought a vinyl top at Newstalgia Parts and cloth for a GM car at SMS. Both was nice. The SMS fabric was expensive but fantastic!

Are the suppliers sending the correct headliner material for Imperial? Thed liner in my Imperial is an open weave with a sand size type finish. The older it gets the more open the grain is because the sand finish can come off if disturbed. My roof looks dirty, mostly where it is dark is from missing insulation backing.
I would like to insulate my roof and replace head liner.
Here are a couple of pics.
1707680401153.jpeg
1707680484235.jpeg

Back