1960 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country

Put the new exhaust in the car this weekend. Still needs a bit of fiddling to get things lined up right. Also got all the fuel lines done and fuel pump installed. Had to make a new one to go through the subframe as well as the one going from the pump to the carburetor. Got the gas tank ready to install but the welded in nut for the tank strap to the body broke loose. Have to fix that. Once I get that done and put the new spark plugs I'll be ready to try and fire this thing up.

exhaust_020.jpg

subframe_line.jpg

carb_line2.jpg

carb_line.jpg

Got my fuel tank installed. Had an issue with the mount for the tank strap. The captured nut in the bracket on the body broke loose. Had to cut the bolt head off to get it out. That left me with a hole. Was going to put a rivnut in it but the hole was too big so made an insert to drop down in the bracket. Had to use a long bolt to get it started but it worked out well. Still need to put the stone guard in but will wait until I get the car started.

fuel_tank_strap_bracket01.jpg

fuel_tank_strap_bracket02.jpg

fuel_tank_strap_bracket03.jpg

fuel_tank_strap_bracket04.jpg

fuel_tank01.jpg

fuel_tank02.jpg

fuel_tank03.jpg

No, It wasn't relevant at the time and still isn't. Car was yuck beige, BUT IT WAS LIVING, BREATHING"KINDA" '61 9 PASSENGER. Grand kids of the owner had been climbing from the rear bumper steps to the half open tail gate, running across the roof and sliding down the windshield and then jumping off the hood for years. Roof had a few divots in it that had to be tink-tinked, no big deal. Hood had quarter size holes rusted thru' from the under side out which obviously had to be replaced too. Windshield and wiper arms were junk. T-gate had to be replaced as well because of trapped condensation on the bottom channel destroyed enough of the torsion bar anchors that made the whole gate junk except for the glass and regulator. Sold it in the fall of '13 and recovered enough to put a 45% down stroke on a pretty serious 2000 Sq. Ft. 3 bedroom home in an above average neighborhood in Wilmington, N.C. Wife wanted to be close to family, and after 52 years of wedded bliss I came to the conclusion then rather quickly that that waz a fist fight I was doomed to loose so here we are and I still have two toys to buzz around in, just not the Batwagon and one of those two sits outside, Jer
Do you have any pieces of the aluminum waffle stuff that goes across the tailgate and sides

Do you have any pieces of the aluminum waffle stuff that goes across the tailgate and sides
Sorry Frank, no I do not. And I chose to close all the holes where the stainless surround was mounted and under the backup lights on both quarter panels too because I think some of the bling on those wagons was overkill but that's just me. BTW, If you want to see pix of the Batwagon Type: "1961 Chrysler 300G Station Wagon" in your search window. It shows black in all the pix but if you ever see it live and in the sun It's actually a 60X40 blend of Black and '93 viper Green Metallic And every piece of 300 on the Wagon was from a '62 Because MY intent was to keep it a generic 300 an the '62 did not have the "H" in the Medallions, just ah cute little Chrome "H" on the deck lid. The guy I sold it to hung the 300G Wagon moniker on it but he paid my price so theirs nothing I can or will comment on that. 22 years to bring it back from deaths door and I drove it like I stooled it for 8 more years Jer

Back