1960 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country

I'll take some pictures. It is complete but don't know what works yet as I'm still working on getting the engine running.

My 66 does have the dash mounted mirror. It took some getting used to looking lower but now it is no problem. I also have a nice AAA compass...

That's the same mirror used in 1960 Plymouths. Other makes had a different post and the Plymouth one was taller.

60plymouthdash.jpg

I'd like to see what the roof unit looks like, the dash vents and controls, and the underhood plumbing. Does the system work? If not, is it complete with all the parts?

Here you go, interior pictures first, let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see.

rearair01.jpg

rearair02.jpg

rearair03.jpg

rearair04.jpg

rearair05.jpg

rearair06.jpg

That roof unit looks very similar to my 66, same design until the last big wagons I assume. All the extra piping really gives you a bag of snakes under the hood. Your car also has more intrusion from the evaporator housing, mine is all behind the firewall. Does anyone know what the first year was for the dual air option?

DSCF5065.JPG

DSCF5070.JPG

DSCF2286.JPG

DSCF2292.JPG

That roof unit looks very similar to my 66, same design until the last big wagons I assume. All the extra piping really gives you a bag of snakes under the hood. Your car also has more intrusion from the evaporator housing, mine is all behind the firewall. Does anyone know what the first year was for the dual air option?

They had dual A/C units in cars for a few years before my car, I think was 1959 for the first year of the dual unit in wagons. And yes, they basically used the same design for all the years it was offered. While the big box in the engine compartment takes up a bit of room it makes it much easier to get to the heater core and evaporator as you do it from under the hood. I'd actually prefer not to have the dual air in my car as it's so much stuff going on and I don't care for the big box hanging from the ceiling.

They had dual A/C units in cars for a few years before my car, I think was 1959 for the first year of the dual unit in wagons. And yes, they basically used the same design for all the years it was offered. While the big box in the engine compartment takes up a bit of room it makes it much easier to get to the heater core and evaporator as you do it from under the hood. I'd actually prefer not to have the dual air in my car as it's so much stuff going on and I don't care for the big box hanging from the ceiling.
Word of warning Nick. The B-pillar plastic covers are unique to the car and very different from the non A/C rear unit cars. They hide the plumbing and the wiring for the rear A/C units. 4 door Hard Top C-body's will give you the right B-pillar covers without rear A/C if you chose to pull the rear A/C unit and still make it look finished properly.

Yes, the plastic trims for the rear air are very fragile and hard to find. I was offered this spare set after getting my car but I passed them onto someone who really needed them. I'll probably regret doing that one day but I'd rather see someone else able to finish their car than for me to have horded the parts. Mine are in nice shape.

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

,Hi I Nick that is one beautiful wagon. It makes my 64 Dodge custom look pretty plain. We’re did you score the gas tank from. I’ve been searching for a half decent one for ever. Cheers Paul.

,Hi I Nick that is one beautiful wagon. It makes my 64 Dodge custom look pretty plain. We’re did you score the gas tank from. I’ve been searching for a half decent one for ever. Cheers Paul.

The first tank I got came from someone on Facebook in Canada. I actually had him ship it to the farm where the car was before it got picked up by the shipper. The I got another tank in Bakersfield. I picked up a third tank which I will probably resell after I get the car going. There is a guy making new ones but they won't be available until the spring.

I would be interested in the tank in the future if you put it up for sale. Are you able to take a couple of mug shots of the rear tailgate to body rubber seal. As mine are missing. I do not know if it is a solid foam or some other type of mould. Cheers Paul.

I would be interested in the tank in the future if you put it up for sale. Are you able to take a couple of mug shots of the rear tailgate to body rubber seal. As mine are missing. I do not know if it is a solid foam or some other type of mould. Cheers Paul.

Paul, here is a picture of the side seal for the tailgate. I've seen some general purpose seals that might work but haven't found wagon specific ones. I'll take additional pictures.

tailgateseal.jpg

Back