1960 color option

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score
Just picked up a 1960 Fury for my son. He is 15 and this is his first go at restoring his own car. Well it is his first car of any kind.

Wondering what the factory color options and combination were. He is thinking either all black, black with the lower head light area white, or red and white. What dictated the color of the roof?

Currently the car is coded KJ3

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I looked at the www.eatondetroitspring.com website (fill the vehicle info for the box on the front page, when the next page appears, with the info in the upper tool bar, click on the vehicle logo under "Links"), the sales brochure just shows "white" as the headlight/fender flare color, as it also matched the top color on the two-tone cars with a white roof. If no two-tone, everything was body color. No inro at www.hamtramck-historical.com/library , fwiw. NOt sure if white was the only two-tine top color that year?

I always liked the styling on the 1960 Plymouths and other Chrysler Corp cars. Can be a neat project!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Well the car right now is original and is Turquiose Metallic lower (head light area), Aqua Mist main body and Turquiose Metallic roof.

So I would have thought the paint code on the tag would read KJK, not KJ3. Don't know what the 3 stands for. So white is not the only lower color.

The footer of these paintchips may explain it.

1960Plymouth.jpg

I believe any tasteful combination of paint colors were available as two tone.
1690941633195.png
1690941678670.png

1690941821659.png

1690941902693.png

Well the car right now is original and is Turquiose Metallic lower (head light area), Aqua Mist main body and Turquiose Metallic roof.

So I would have thought the paint code on the tag would read KJK, not KJ3. Don't know what the 3 stands for. So white is not the only lower color.

The '3' indicates the car got the Sportone paint configuration that included those two colors.

There were at least 33 two-tone and Sportone combinations offered in a wide variety of colors.

60_ply_KJ3.JPG

Last edited:
Back