1960 Dart door panels

FlintlockDave

Reaction score
So in the process of adding cat whisker weather stripping and the channel weather stripping I pulled off my door panels. The cardboard backing is pretty tore up and has water damage at the bottom ( probably from lack of weather stripping) dose anyone know where I could find new door cards where I could take the upholstery off mine and replace just the card?

I’ve not seen it sold separate. I’ve heard of people making their own. Does your panels have the metal curve at the top of the panels When looking at the inside?

I’ve not seen it sold separate. I’ve heard of people making their own. Does your panels have the metal curve at the top of the panels When looking at the inside?
No the metal is a separate piece including the whole interior window surround.

Years ago, in another forum, a poster went to a large upholstery supply vendor and bought some blank cards to rebuild the panels in his '55 Buick. Not sure of a more recent vendor, but they should be available. When reinstalling, be sure to put a sheet of thick clear/opaque plastic on the door shell (punching holes for window winders, door latch actuators, and such. I have used a thin bead of black silicone to stick it to the door shell with (it comes off easily, but stays put) before putting the finished door panel back on the door shell.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Years ago, in another forum, a poster went to a large upholstery supply vendor and bought some blank cards to rebuild the panels in his '55 Buick. Not sure of a more recent vendor, but they should be available. When reinstalling, be sure to put a sheet of thick clear/opaque plastic on the door shell (punching holes for window winders, door latch actuators, and such. I have used a thin bead of black silicone to stick it to the door shell with (it comes off easily, but stays put) before putting the finished door panel back on the door shell.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Thank you, I am going to call a couple of the auto upholstery places local to me tomorrow.

Based on the title of your post are the door panels for / from a 1960 Dodge ?

PM sent

Back