1960 Dodge Dart Coming to a home near me!

Did you get a decent rate to ship it? @ Bob

Welland isn't that far from Buffalo, and Salamanca is only about an hour south of Buffalo at the most, so it makes it an even better score! I'm jealous... that's about 2 hours from me. I can't wait for an update. I'm headed to Buffalo this weekend with Sammie to visit my dad. I wish we could've met up somewhere, we're taking the '73 Imperial up there for a jaunt to knock the cobwebs off.

Last edited:
Did you get a decent rate to ship it? @ Bob

Welland isn't that far from Buffalo, and Salamanca is only about an hour south of Buffalo at the most, so it makes it an even better score! I'm jealous... that's about 2 hours from me. I can't wait for an update. I'm headed to Buffalo this weekend with Sammie to visit my dad. I wish we could've met up somewhere, we're taking the '73 Imperial up there for a jaunt to knock the cobwebs off.
Well when the time comes to pick it up if you want you can come over to assist with the loading onto the trailer :rolleyes:
Right now my back is on the fritz but I should be better able to drive in a few weeks
I'm arranging help on my end to do the grunt work so all I need to do is supervise :p

Congratulations Tom! Pretty cool car! I like the plain janes more and more since working on the Imperial ;)
I'm about to find out how plain I like my Jane in a month

The plan is to get it home then assess it then plan a budget to get this time capsule running safely
My wife has asked already if it's able to make the drive to Cruisin the Coast in Gulfport Mississippi next year...

Hey! Stop right there.:stop:

For your information I always plan a budget then destroy any receipts that go past the projected costs... LOL!:p
Tom. Might I suggest you add an under dash after market A/C unit for that summer trip to Mississippi. That area of the USA will be 95* with matching humidity between May and October FYI. Contact Vintage Air down in Tampa, Fl. for the under dash unit and maybe the compressor and condenser. All the bracketry and crank pulley can be had on most '78 thru' 86 Aspen, full size RWD LeBarons, or full size dodge vans with a /6 in 'um and their in bone yardz all over Ca. and the USA. It's called "car-part.com". All lower case and no gaps and don't forget the "-" or "." or you'll be on the wrong site. Just search /6 engine for those carz in those yearz, Piece-a-cake. Jer

Tom. Might I suggest you add an under dash after market A/C unit for that summer trip to Mississippi.

As much as I advocate A/C, I don't think this is a car to hang it on. Kinda goes against the "stripper", (Hey .... another cool name), aspect of the car. Air flow in these old cars is great as long as your moving.

As much as I advocate A/C, I don't think this is a car to hang it on. Kinda goes against the "stripper", (Hey .... another cool name), aspect of the car. Air flow in these old cars is great as long as your moving.
I have a friend with an A12 Roadrunner that was bare bones, no options. He gave it a stripper name... Bambi.

This is the crank 260 AC system
Crank 2 windows go 60mph!!!

Tom. Might I suggest you add an under dash after market A/C unit for that summer trip to Mississippi. That area of the USA will be 95* with matching humidity between May and October FYI. Contact Vintage Air down in Tampa, Fl. for the under dash unit and maybe the compressor and condenser. All the bracketry and crank pulley can be had on most '78 thru' 86 Aspen, full size RWD LeBarons, or full size dodge vans with a /6 in 'um and their in bone yardz all over Ca. and the USA. It's called "car-part.com". All lower case and no gaps and don't forget the "-" or "." or you'll be on the wrong site. Just search /6 engine for those carz in those yearz, Piece-a-cake. Jer
We made the trip in the Polara last fall
It actually turned cool on us and had the top up with heat for the duration of the return trip home

I have to say that I have the complete disc and rear brake setup from the 73 Newport I stripped last year
If I'm going to be doing any updates this would be a smart conversion

Will you have any hassles at the border taking her home? I've never attempted to bring one over from Canada.

Will you have any hassles at the border taking her home? I've never attempted to bring one over from Canada.

No hassles bringing into Canada
Do the research fill out the correct forms and pull it home.
It's the Americans who have issues with cars coming into the USA....

Yes....And you end up with chapped cheekz with your stonez stuck to what ever under garment you chose to let them lay in. Sorry Will, I'll take the A/C every time no matter what the age of the chariot iz or how it came from the assembly line.

Is there a watch list for certain cars that are not allowed.to enter.the country anymore?:poke:

Yugo's, Lada's, Lamborghini's, Most Chevy products...:rolleyes:

Seriously, there is on the website but it's pretty wide open

Some goofball on Facebook posted a prank article starting this month that all cars older than 1994 and trucks older than 1997 would be banned from driving during the week days and readers swallowed it hook line and sinker

Last edited:
One big one is modified vehicles
Lift kits tinted black windows...
Crap like that:rolleyes:

Other than that we're a pretty easy bunch to get along with when it comes to cars
Mine is so factory it isn't funny!!!:p

That'z O.K. Tom. That'z what makez the hobby fun. ME? I FIGGER, If Mother made improvements over the yearz which she definitely did, and I can incorporate ah few of them into my OLDER Mopars in a tasteful manner and make them enhance the old iron, That'z me. Like the Batwagon. It'z all on the inside and under the Beast 'cept for the wheelz and I consider that little bit poetic license,lol Jer

Back