NOT MINE 1960 plymouth hearse

Fins are gone and '68 Dart tail lights added.

I wonder if that was an attempt to make the car more modern looking or some collision repair with easier to get parts.

I think the rust line along the side of the quarter, just under the "grab bar" is the seam where a different quarter was welded on. I'll even say that they might have used a front fender off something to make the new top of the quarters.

1648320414055.png

On the plus side, the roof appears to be all steel, not fiberglass. The rear window- curved glass is beautiful. You can see the mounting holes where the coach lights were mounted on either side of the side windows. Wheel covers appear to be from '58. Rear bumper - '55/'56 Chrysler? I thought the tail lights appeared to be from a '68 coronet 440 wagon. Not a lot of Mopar's survived as coaches.

This Hearse with intact fins also used to have roof lanterns. It was for sale in Birmingham, England about 30 years ago and was last registered with the DVLA in 1995. Not heard of it since. Had a 6 cylinder engine. This is one of three 1960 Plymouth hearses that I've known of since 1980 over here.

I’m calling ‘68 Fairlane laillights. As it sits, it’s fairly cool looking. Not all long and ungainly. Almost sporty!

I’d be really surprised if the hearse in England didn’t meet its demise on a banger track. The weirder the car, the more they like running them.

I’m calling ‘68 Fairlane laillights. As it sits, it’s fairly cool looking. Not all long and ungainly. Almost sporty!

I’d be really surprised if the hearse in England didn’t meet its demise on a banger track. The weirder the car, the more they like running them.

i agree

1648670036742.png

1648830760489.png

If you know mopars you know these are mopar lights......not frod.

Back